Banner for the manifestation on Barcodeday

Here you can talk about all Protest Campaigns

Moderators: Serenity, Laura

Banner for the manifestation on Barcodeday

Postby Laura » Fri 16. Feb 2007, 23:33

So, the DA Network, in co-operation with the artist Dean Fenech, is working on a big banner for the Barcodeday manifestation in L.A. on the 17th of May.

Dean Fenech has already done a drawing for it. When it'll be finished, the whole banner should be printed on a big banner. Here are the first drafts:

ImageImageImageImage

A few more people holding some signs will be added in the background. Something can be written on those. We’re asking you if you have any ideas of slogans!! What could we write on it? For example "keep Dark Angel alive", "we need a closure", etc. Simply post what comes to your mind. The best slogans will then be on the banner.

In addition, there should also be T-shirts that you can buy. Official Barcodeday T-shirts so to say ^^ The price of the shirts isn't known yet. But we'll announce it. We are still thinking whether we’ll increase the price of 1 Euro per shirt or not. Then we could use this money to pay a small part of the banner. It must be printed in an enterprise and we’ll pay this out of our own money the first time. What do you think about that?? These shirts will either have slogans on them or graphics and slogans together. We ask you here again to do a few suggestions for that.
Last edited by Laura on Sat 17. Feb 2007, 23:50, edited 1 time in total.

They designed her to be the perfect soldier, a human weapon, than she escaped. In a future not far from now, in a broken world, she is haunted by her past. She cannot run, she must fight to discover her destiny.
Laura
Network Moderator

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Sat 17. Feb 2007, 00:48

Well. I'm Dean Fenech the one who will design the t-shirts. I have already come up with a couple of ideas. The design of the banner is already finished and now I come to the t-shirts. One of them will consist of a young Max, she would be running or something like that, then above it there will be written "Escape Cancellation". Another one is in the last ever scene of dark angel during season 2 we see the transgenics are holding up the freak nation flag. The picture will be a silhouette of the transgenics holding up the flag but the flag will not be a silhouette, I’m not too sure of the slogan yet. I think this should be for the font of all t-shirts, the slogan should have something to do with the picture. I was thinking for the back of all t-shirts we should write "barcode day 2007 - Keep Dark Angel Alive - we never forget". Those are my ideas so far.... anymore?
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby *AnGeL_NoCtUrNo* » Sun 18. Feb 2007, 09:47

I'm thinking in a slogan I read some time ago "KEEP THE FREAK NATION FLAG FLYING" this is a good slogan for the t-shirt with the image of the transgenics holding up the freak nation flag... what do you think??

by the way, I'm interested in buying a t-shirt :wink: I can't travel to LA, but I could participate in everything I can ^^ thanks for your drawings!!

Ciao!! ^^
Forever eyes, dark. Somebody's angel. She comes to me, like an angel out of time, as I play the part of a saint on my knees, there are some things I'll live without, but I want you to know that I need you right now
*AnGeL_NoCtUrNo*
Manticore Soldier

Postby Saahm23 » Sun 18. Feb 2007, 11:28

yeah i remember too a good slogan.
And i think a T-Shirt is a good way to feel conectet to the other fans. Especial
on Barcodeday.
Saahm23
Network Admin

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Mon 19. Feb 2007, 00:34

hey *AnGeL_NoCtUrNo* i' liked the "KEEP THE FREAK NATION FLAG FLYING", we'll do somthing in this manner

how about " Dark Angel Nation: United We Stand." ?
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby TripleB » Mon 19. Feb 2007, 08:50

gtf_dean_fenech wrote:how about " Dark Angel Nation: United We Stand." ?

Great slogan!!! :)
TripleB
Manticore Soldier

Postby *AnGeL_NoCtUrNo* » Mon 19. Feb 2007, 15:50

" Dark Angel Nation: United We Stand." ---> I liked this slogan^^ is great :wink: and true too :P
Forever eyes, dark. Somebody's angel. She comes to me, like an angel out of time, as I play the part of a saint on my knees, there are some things I'll live without, but I want you to know that I need you right now
*AnGeL_NoCtUrNo*
Manticore Soldier

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Mon 19. Feb 2007, 16:19

so new info. after a long talk on #eyes-only-online we came up with some new t-shirt ideas. We have one of younf max runninng next to the season 1 max, so we need a slogan for that. we are also going to do a logan/eyes only one. The slogan i thought was "rebel with a cause". and we need ideas for a manticore one
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby TripleB » Mon 19. Feb 2007, 16:37

gtf_dean_fenech wrote:so new info. after a long talk on #eyes-only-online we came up with some new t-shirt ideas. We have one of younf max runninng next to the season 1 max, so we need a slogan for that.

Hmmm... what about: "I´ll never stop beeing a Dark Angel Fan!" ?? Or: You can´t stop me - Dark Angel forever! ???

gtf_dean_fenech wrote:the first t-shirt is ready http://img153.imagevenue.com/img.php?im ... _191lo.JPG

hope you enjoy it

Fantastic worK!! :D Were I can place my oder??? Just a thought... would it be possible to write the current year after BD -> Barcode Day 2007??
TripleB
Manticore Soldier

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Mon 19. Feb 2007, 16:40

hmmm, they are good ideas. But not for this particular t-shirt. the slogans have to match the t-shirt pictures. But "I´ll never stop beeing a Dark Angel Fan!" ?? Or: You can´t stop me - Dark Angel forever! ??? are good candidates for one of the free spots for the 9 messages of the banner
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby *AnGeL_NoCtUrNo* » Mon 19. Feb 2007, 16:44

I liked the "You can´t stop me - Dark Angel forever!" :wink: it's really cool 8)

for the manticore t-shirt, I though this "an X5 never gives up. we neither" 8)
*AnGeL_NoCtUrNo*
Manticore Soldier

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Mon 19. Feb 2007, 16:46

wow, thats a really good idea for the young max one ""an X5 never gives up. we neither", but something in the wrding bothers me. we could do something in this manner. very good *AnGeL_NoCtUrNo* :D
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby TripleB » Mon 19. Feb 2007, 16:50

Ok mate you right... But the picture shows Max as a child runnig right? Sorry I am just a bit confussed or not really sure what particular pic you are talking about... :oops:
TripleB
Manticore Soldier

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Mon 19. Feb 2007, 16:56

we arne't using real pictures because of copywrite laws soi'll also be drawing them. for basic ideas you can look at :
http://img167.imagevenue.com/img.php?im ... _176lo.JPG

http://img146.imagevenue.com/img.php?im ... 2_77lo.JPG

http://img166.imagevenue.com/img.php?im ... _201lo.JPG
we can us "trained to never give up. we don't either"
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby *AnGeL_NoCtUrNo* » Mon 19. Feb 2007, 17:08

I liked the first photo (or drawing jeje :wink: )
is it in this one in which you're thinking to use the slogan that I've said?? and one more thing: for the t-shirt of manticore what are you going to use, the image of manticore (the drawing of the lion) or another thing?
*AnGeL_NoCtUrNo*
Manticore Soldier

Next

Return to Protest Section