bye!
rantanplan
X2

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Sun 28. Sep 2008, 17:05

news on the day of the pulse campaine?
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby jondy09 » Thu 16. Oct 2008, 19:21

yea, i'm 18 now and i'll be out of school on the 1st!!!
NEW CHAPTER

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3763434/1/C ... he_Damned- AU 2009: After a failed escape attempt the remains of unit 12 are hauled off to Psy-ops each emerges as the 'perfect soldier'. It's about their struggle to regain their humanity after the horrors of Psy-ops...review! 3 chapters up!
jondy09
Psy-Ops

Postby hedghehog » Thu 16. Oct 2008, 22:02

congrats jondy you are setting of into real life,just dont make it serous and dull make it adept 2 you where ever you go(college,job....)
"We all have time machines.The ones that take us back are called memories and the ones that take us forward are called dreams."

hedghehog
Transhuman

Postby jondy09 » Fri 17. Oct 2008, 01:27

dually noted sir!
NEW CHAPTER

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3763434/1/C ... he_Damned- AU 2009: After a failed escape attempt the remains of unit 12 are hauled off to Psy-ops each emerges as the 'perfect soldier'. It's about their struggle to regain their humanity after the horrors of Psy-ops...review! 3 chapters up!
jondy09
Psy-Ops

Postby hedghehog » Fri 17. Oct 2008, 16:17

:laugh: good.Oh and plz dont call me sir not even in a joke,sounds scary :ooops: :löl:
"We all have time machines.The ones that take us back are called memories and the ones that take us forward are called dreams."

hedghehog
Transhuman

Postby jondy09 » Sat 18. Oct 2008, 17:37

ok, dually noted hedghehog
NEW CHAPTER

jondy09
Psy-Ops

Postby Saahm23 » Sat 18. Oct 2008, 23:16

Ok better back to topic here guys :wink:
Saahm23
Network Admin

Postby hedghehog » Sun 19. Oct 2008, 16:10

yes sir going back to topic now :löl:

hedghehog
Transhuman

Postby X5DNA » Thu 4. Dec 2008, 10:34

The Day of the Pulse should be a real day of an Electromagnetic Pulse. I think I know how this might be done without doing anything illegal. (No nuclear weapons are involved.)

A DVD player and television should be set up outside of the Fox headquarters in Los Angeles with an episode of Dark Angel (preferably "Freak Nation") playing. It should be timed to end shortly after 12:05, but at exactly 12:05, before the episode ends, an EMP should be directed at the DVD player and television, destroying them both.

An EMP generating device that puts out a highly directional pulse of a few million watts for a few microseconds should be something that could be constructed by university engineering students without a lot of expense. The trickiest part may be containing the pulse so that nothing else is damaged by the pulse. Engineering students at one particular university in the Los Angeles area are known for being particularly good at planning elaborate events like this without causing collateral damage. That university is Caltech. Caltech also has the expertise to make a small EMP device of this type that could be easily transported in a van.

If you read the Wikipedia article on Caltech, especially the section on "pranks," you'll see that Caltech students have done a lot of very elaborate things like this in the past, and the university administration even encourages it. Making such an EMP generator at Caltech is something that engineering students might even be able to get college credit for as part of a lab project.

By next spring, there should be a lot more public awareness of EMP in the United States. The U.S. government has recently released a 200-page report on what a real pulse would do to the country. That report hasn't gotten much attention yet, but I think that may change over the next several months. Also, on March 17, a novel by a writer with a Ph.D. in military history, called ONE SECOND AFTER, will be released with a fictional account of what would happen after an EMP attack. The book can already be pre-ordered on amazon.com.

With the increased awareness of EMP, a real pulse set off in front of a Los Angeles studio should really get people's attention.

Jerry
http://www.x5dna.com
X5DNA
Sector Cop

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Thu 4. Dec 2008, 13:00

that would be very cool!!!!!!!!! but i don't think we have the resourses to do that.
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby X5DNA » Thu 4. Dec 2008, 15:13

If this idea gets to the right engineering student at Caltech, I don't think that Dark Angel fans would have to contribute any resources. Caltech students have always been able to come up with the resources for some pretty elaborate events in the past. (See the Wikipedia page about Caltech that I referenced in my earlier post. I know a recent Caltech graduate who was involved in one of the pranks, mentioned on the Wikipedia Caltech page, that involved going all the way to MIT on the other side of the country. That event involved a number of students moving a very heavy object.)

Far more people read these forums than ever post anything, so it's possible that an engineering student who is also a Dark Angel fan would read this. There are other universities within an hour's drive of the Fox headquarters that have large engineering departments with students capable of making the necessary EMP device. Some of the other universities, though, would probably not be pleased with having their students participate in an event like this (especially if they used the university's supplies to make the device), but that wouldn't be a problem at Caltech.

In other times, a group of engineering students might have some difficulty in getting several television sets for doing multiple tests of the EMP device before the public event. (They would have to completely destroy the electronics in each television set for each successful test of the device.) However, the United States is converting to digital television on February 17, and there will be thousands of people wanting to get rid of their old analog televisions at that time (me included). These old analog televisions won't pick up over-the-air signals any more after February 17, but they will work with a DVD player just fine.

Jerry
X5DNA
Sector Cop

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Thu 4. Dec 2008, 15:16

so is there a caltech forum or can we srnd them a letter or e-mail or something?
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby X5DNA » Thu 4. Dec 2008, 15:30

I'm not sure about a Caltech forum. (I'm sure that there are some forums, but they may be just for students and former students.) In about 3 weeks, I'll be talking to the recent Caltech engineering graduate that I mentioned. He may have some ideas about getting this idea to the right people.

Jerry
X5DNA
Sector Cop

PreviousNext

Return to Protest Section