Day of the pulse campaign

Here you can talk about all Protest Campaigns

Moderators: Serenity, Laura

Postby Jay » Sun 22. Feb 2009, 00:33

I should really read all 10 pages but do we actually have a confirmed crowd who are going to turn up?

I mean There aren't many posters here so I was just wondering?
Jay
Sector Cop

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Sun 22. Feb 2009, 12:48

flyers and stuff like what the spanish barcode day did would be better
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby Sasafrass452 » Sun 22. Feb 2009, 13:42

Well, I think that since a movie would be the most likely outcome of a successful campaign, I say we go straight to the source.... James Cameron! If we could get him interested again in making a movie, the rest should be a piece of cake :) However, the last time he tried to pitch the movie idea, FOX turned him down(big surprise there). If I recall correctly, he wanted to make the movie via FOX, so we also need to convince them to accept the idea. If both sides can agree, we'll have a movie in the making :)
"Take your best shot, but some dirt just doesn't wash off...."
http://www.myspace.com/sasafrass452
Sasafrass452
Jam Pony Messenger

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Sun 22. Feb 2009, 20:32

Well, I think that since a movie would be the most likely outcome of a successful campaign, I say we go straight to the source.... James Cameron! If we could get him interested again in making a movie, the rest should be a piece of cake :)

we did that

However, the last time he tried to pitch the movie idea, FOX turned him down(big surprise there). If I recall correctly, he wanted to make the movie via FOX, so we also need to convince them to accept the idea. If both sides can agree, we'll have a movie in the making :)

never heard that one
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby Sasafrass452 » Sun 22. Feb 2009, 22:15

Well, that's what happened.... But convincing FOX is easier said than done....
Sasafrass452
Jam Pony Messenger

Postby Jay » Sun 22. Feb 2009, 22:32

I dunno if any one has ever seen the Justin Lee Collins show "Bring Back name goes here"

he basically goes around all the actors of the show in question and asks them about it, in our case would they ever be be interested in making a movie/ series.

take that info to fox or James Cameron.

Again easier said than done, I mean we are just every day folks.

This could also give us a bit of insight about how much hope we would have.

I guess we could email agents of said actors or even visit there homes like the paps, thats what JLC does. lol.
Jay
Sector Cop

Postby Sasafrass452 » Sun 22. Feb 2009, 23:02

Being "every day folks" is what makes it so hard! We have basically no clout among the higher-ups in the industry.... Making them listen is the HARDEST thing ever! Let's all just send letters/emails to FOX, James Cameron, & the cast. Drum up some interest.... get the ball rolling.... Jessica has already expressed interest in doing it if JC wants to. The only fly in the ointment is FOX.... They need to stop turning a deaf ear on us! The louder we scream, the more they'll have to listen....
Sasafrass452
Jam Pony Messenger

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Sun 22. Feb 2009, 23:26

Well, that's what happened.... But convincing FOX is easier said than done....

when?
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby Sasafrass452 » Sun 22. Feb 2009, 23:36

When did it happen? It was quite some time ago, I don't remember specifically when....
Sasafrass452
Jam Pony Messenger

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Mon 23. Feb 2009, 00:06

is there any proof or a internet story fan fic?
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby Sasafrass452 » Mon 23. Feb 2009, 00:21

I think someone told me on a forum somewhere, but I can't remember exactly. I might've just read it somewhere.... It's long gone, I'm sure.... But believe me, it happened. Before the series was cancelled, I had a very reliable source who gave me bits of info now & then. That's probably where I heard it.

gtf_dean_fenech wrote:is there any proof or a internet story fan fic?
Sasafrass452
Jam Pony Messenger

Postby Allison Lightning » Mon 23. Feb 2009, 01:18

I have had this idea- okay we don 't just need the evil minions at :fox: to stand up and take notice- we need everyday people to as well- in your face kind of.

We would inform the police/ resident law enforcement before hand so they know we aren't terroists- and don't you know accidentally shoot us. We en-act- or create Dark Angel scenes- in the middle of busy city districts, in shopping centres- in as many places- and as many countries as we can muster...

Make a huge spectacle about this... over the top- as many 'transgenic' 'x5' Manticore' 'Max' 'Eyes Only' as we can shove into a sentance.

If we could pull this off - we could make news reports and at the very leasy generate the kind of public intrest we need.

:oops: Just a thought.
" When you think you see me I'm not there because you left me behind"

An alternate ending for AJBAC, all because of one thing, Logan is captured by Manticore while Max got away. Inside of Manticore, struggling to hold onto his sanity, his identity, Logan has nowhere to hide. Will he survive to escape, or will Lydecker destroy him first?

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4530040/1/Damaged
Allison Lightning
Manticore Soldier

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Mon 23. Feb 2009, 01:45

this is all well and good, but so was the idea for a protest in front of the FOX building, or the EMP demonstration, drawing DA banners and t-shirts, a DA Cartoon, hell we could make the day of the pulse a whole Dark Angel day and do all thoses things, but my point being its all nice and good for us in europe and australia to be planning these things but is anyone actually going to do it? is anyone going to be physically there in LA, planning and getting things organized? If anyone isn't willing to be present there, get people there, then all this planning is for nothing. I'm sick of planning stuff in LA year after year, and after all this promotion on our behalf, the behalf of people who CAN'T be there, then it all goes up in smoke because no one goes, its too sad. This year is special, this is the Dark Angel year!!!! It HAS to happen this year... So before we seriously start planning and see what CAN be done, not what sounds cool or funny or whatever, what is in the capability of the "every day folks" as you all put it. So before anyone takes responsability from LA, then we shouldn't plan anything.
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby Jay » Mon 23. Feb 2009, 08:32

I agree with dean 100% who is actually going to be there?
Jay
Sector Cop

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Mon 23. Feb 2009, 10:57

You're new here Jay so you can't even comprahend what I mean. we need a day of the pulse recruitment website. We assign someone in charage of for example where the meeting place will be, or someone in charge of Allison Lightning's idea of the scene reinactment, someone in charge of contacting the tv news and news papers, someone in charge of hanging up day of the pulse flyers and posters in university and high schools all around LA. we need actual protesters. Look if 20 people decide to go, and they bring another 10 to go with them, thats already 200 people so this is a word of mouth thing.

Now i'm willing to design the day of the pulse posters and header for the website (which i already have a preety cool idea for) but i need to know that people are actually going to use them. I drew and spent a lot of time on the bcd 07 banner an t-shirts that were never used, i don't feel like waisting time again.

p.s. as the main attraction of the day of the pulse we can have a tv and a projector or something (like they used in the movie "be kind, rewind") and premiere my dark angel cartoon there. like on the flyer/posters we can say something like "dark angel cartoon at [whatever] time, don't miss the fan contiuation that you've been waiting for since it was canelled". Another thing we can do is send our letters like in the barcode day, but not directly to FOX, we send them to someone (another person we need to recruit) and he/she will present all the letters that are being sent to him in a huge mail bag and present them infront of the FOX building, this way we know for sure that the letters will arrive. Also as another activity, that author guy can read a passage from his EMP book as its subject is closly related to Dark Angel

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/gallery ... =331207442
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

PreviousNext

Return to Protest Section