Day of the pulse campaign

Here you can talk about all Protest Campaigns

Moderators: Serenity, Laura

Postby Saahm23 » Thu 26. Feb 2009, 22:28

We're also have now a Event for this Campaign on Facebook, from our Group there.

Day of the Pulse Campaign on Facebook
Saahm23
Network Admin

Postby Allison Lightning » Sat 28. Feb 2009, 14:49

It shouldn't just be LA- listen as much as I think the right in FOX's face would rule- if we end up just doing an LA thing is temporary it's forgettable- never mind if no one turns up, or just a few then we have blown all the planning on LA- setting up protests in different cities with re-enactments- calls in to radio shows, all different things to draw everyone's attention to Dark Angel.

We need to grab FOX's attention- L.A. isn't going to hack it- pardon the pun. It needs to be global... such as sending bundles red balloons with happy birthday/day of the pulse- Dark Angel on them to every tv station we can afford to all over our respective countries...

I want this to work- in any other matter I would sit back, and let something go - I will never let Dark Angel go
" When you think you see me I'm not there because you left me behind"

An alternate ending for AJBAC, all because of one thing, Logan is captured by Manticore while Max got away. Inside of Manticore, struggling to hold onto his sanity, his identity, Logan has nowhere to hide. Will he survive to escape, or will Lydecker destroy him first?

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4530040/1/Damaged
Allison Lightning
Manticore Soldier

Postby Saahm23 » Sat 28. Feb 2009, 18:20

Allison Lightning wrote:It shouldn't just be LA....We need to grab FOX's attention- L.A. isn't going to hack it- pardon the pun. It needs to be global... such as sending bundles red balloons with happy birthday/day of the pulse- Dark Angel on them to every tv station we can afford to all over our respective countries...

I agree with that. The "Day of the Pusle Campaign" IS a global event. The protest in Los Angeles is only one action we wanna do. That's the reason we said that on this day fans around the world should and can do different things.
Some examples i posted on the
Day of the Pulse Campaign page.

The rest of the actions could be nearly everything Dark Angel related. Here can every fan be creative and take a part of it. Gladly we would like to give you a few suggestions
* For example, who is talented in Grafitti can make one Dark Angel related on a legal wall (like mentioned in step 2) and send us the pictures which we would publish than.

* Or you can also organise a fanmeeting for this day, where you invite some friends or fans from your local area, watching the Dark Angel DVD's, talking.

* As well you can organise a protest , with banners or T-Shirts , in front of a FOX Building or in front of a Cable Network, which shows Dark Angel in your country. This all could be recorded on video or pictures which we would publish later.

* Also we are still searching for fans who sending us pictures on which they wear on of these T-Shirts , we created them in coopreration with Dean Fenech.

We're everytime open minded for your ideas and suggestion. Send them to my Email adress, we will add the best here on the page.

Source: eyes-only-online.net

:wink: i also like the idea with the balloons ^^
Saahm23
Network Admin

Postby Allison Lightning » Sun 1. Mar 2009, 01:25

The red balloon are so iconic of our show- other fanbases they only use things that have been referenced- but the balloon was the subject of an episode... on of the best episodes.

And it is so Dark Angel.

An alternate ending for AJBAC, all because of one thing, Logan is captured by Manticore while Max got away. Inside of Manticore, struggling to hold onto his sanity, his identity, Logan has nowhere to hide. Will he survive to escape, or will Lydecker destroy him first?

Allison Lightning
Manticore Soldier

Postby X5DNA » Mon 2. Mar 2009, 15:13

KTTV, channel 11, is the television station in Los Angeles that is a Fox affilitate; and it is owned and operated by the Fox Network. Their web site, including contact information and mailing address is available at:

http://www.myfoxla.com/

(Their contact information is available by clicking the "About Us" tab on their web site.)

KTTV has a noon newscast on weekdays. This means that they will be broadcasting local news, probably including doing local remote broadcasts, at 12:05 p.m. on June 1.

The KTTV television signal directly reaches a local population of 15.8 million. Their newscasts can be watched around the world via streaming video on the web.

This opens up many possibilities. I'll mention one later, but I don't want to limit possibilities to just one idea.

Jerry
http://www.x5dna.com
X5DNA
Sector Cop

Postby X5DNA » Fri 6. Mar 2009, 07:40

The United States is in the middle of a transition to digital television. Everyone who watches television in this country has been bombarded with the information about it. The old analog TV transmitters were originally scheduled to be permanently turned off on February 17, but that date has been delayed until June 12.

Stations have the option of turning off their analog TV transmitters earlier, though, and nearly one third of the television stations went ahead and turned them off in February. The rest are still broadcasting both an analog signal and a digital signal on separate channels.

KTTV, the Fox station in Los Angeles that I wrote about in the last post, is currently planning to wait until June 12 to shut down their analog transmitter, but they have the option, if they want to, to shut down their analog transmitter during their noon newscast at 12:05 p.m. on June 1. Under the new rules, it is perfectly legal for them to do this. They just have to send a notice to the proper government agency well in advance of the June 1 date.

Turning off their analog signal at that time would save the television station a lot of money in terms of electricity and maintenance cost (instead of waiting another 11 days for the final deadline on June 12). It would also make sense for them to turn off their analog transmitter during a newscast so that they can have the news anchor explain what is about to happen.

Of course, the main reason for them to shut down their analog television transmitter at 12:05 p.m. on June 1 would be to recognize the time when all of the television transmitters (and electricity) went off in Dark Angel, a television series that made a lot of money for KTTV and the other Fox television stations. The news anchor could explain that they were shutting off their analog signal at that time in honor of Dark Angel.

I don't know if they could be convinced to do this or not. Even if they didn't, if KTTV got a lot of mail suggesting that they do this, it would be an effective reminder to a large television station owned by the Fox network that Dark Angel hasn't been forgotten.

Even if they rejected the idea of shutting down their analog transmitter for the last time at the time of the pulse, I'm sure that if they got very much mail on the subject that some people at the station would give it some consideration. From what I know about how businesses and television stations work, I think that letters directed at a big Fox television station would be more likely to get noticed than letters to corporate headquarters.

As someone who used to work as an engineer at a television station, I know that television stations have to pay some attention to what their viewers want. (As the current economic problems indicate, corporate top managers during the last few years simply tend to be rather out of touch with reality. You can't rely on them to pay much attention to their mail.)

Jerry
X5DNA
Sector Cop

Postby Sasafrass452 » Fri 6. Mar 2009, 14:42

Hmm.... How about this.... One station won't make that big of an impact, so how about we contact ALL FOX stations that are still running their analog transmitters? Each of us can contact our local stations, & perhaps a few others, to make sure all our bases are covered. Here's a pdf list that shows which stations turned off their analog transmitters last month, & which ones are waiting until june. Use the search function to find each FOX station, then choose which ones you want to contact.
http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/a ... -221A5.pdf

X5DNA wrote:The United States is in the middle of a transition to digital television. Everyone who watches television in this country has been bombarded with the information about it. The old analog TV transmitters were originally scheduled to be permanently turned off on February 17, but that date has been delayed until June 12.

Stations have the option of turning off their analog TV transmitters earlier, though, and nearly one third of the television stations went ahead and turned them off in February. The rest are still broadcasting both an analog signal and a digital signal on separate channels.

KTTV, the Fox station in Los Angeles that I wrote about in the last post, is currently planning to wait until June 12 to shut down their analog transmitter, but they have the option, if they want to, to shut down their analog transmitter during their noon newscast at 12:05 p.m. on June 1. Under the new rules, it is perfectly legal for them to do this. They just have to send a notice to the proper government agency well in advance of the June 1 date.

Turning off their analog signal at that time would save the television station a lot of money in terms of electricity and maintenance cost (instead of waiting another 11 days for the final deadline on June 12). It would also make sense for them to turn off their analog transmitter during a newscast so that they can have the news anchor explain what is about to happen.

Of course, the main reason for them to shut down their analog television transmitter at 12:05 p.m. on June 1 would be to recognize the time when all of the television transmitters (and electricity) went off in Dark Angel, a television series that made a lot of money for KTTV and the other Fox television stations. The news anchor could explain that they were shutting off their analog signal at that time in honor of Dark Angel.

I don't know if they could be convinced to do this or not. Even if they didn't, if KTTV got a lot of mail suggesting that they do this, it would be an effective reminder to a large television station owned by the Fox network that Dark Angel hasn't been forgotten.

Even if they rejected the idea of shutting down their analog transmitter for the last time at the time of the pulse, I'm sure that if they got very much mail on the subject that some people at the station would give it some consideration. From what I know about how businesses and television stations work, I think that letters directed at a big Fox television station would be more likely to get noticed than letters to corporate headquarters.

As someone who used to work as an engineer at a television station, I know that television stations have to pay some attention to what their viewers want. (As the current economic problems indicate, corporate top managers during the last few years simply tend to be rather out of touch with reality. You can't rely on them to pay much attention to their mail.)

Jerry
"Take your best shot, but some dirt just doesn't wash off...."
http://www.myspace.com/sasafrass452
Sasafrass452
Jam Pony Messenger

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Fri 6. Mar 2009, 19:51

thats something you americans would have to do.
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby Sasafrass452 » Sun 8. Mar 2009, 17:57

We really need to make FOX open their eyes & take notice.... hit 'em where it hurts! As long as they hold onto the rights, nothing we do will matter....
Sasafrass452
Jam Pony Messenger

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Sun 8. Mar 2009, 18:05

well thats a given. the problem isn\t that we haven't got ideas what to do... we don't have the man power to do them.
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby Sasafrass452 » Sun 8. Mar 2009, 18:33

We could start a petition for, say, Universal Studios or Columbia Pictures to buy the rights, then *hopefully* James Cameron might be willing to make a movie. FOX probably won't listen to us, but they might listen to another company.... Even if FOX isn't willing to make a movie, there must be a production company that would love to get their hands on a script! Our objective is to at least get a movie made to finish the story.... It doesn't matter who makes it!

gtf_dean_fenech wrote:well thats a given. the problem isn\t that we haven't got ideas what to do... we don't have the man power to do them.
Sasafrass452
Jam Pony Messenger

Movie about the Pulse -- and other stuff

Postby X5DNA » Mon 23. Mar 2009, 07:28

I don't know if any of this information will be useful for the "Day of the Pulse" campaign, but at least some of it may be interesting for Dark Angel fans.

(1) The new book about a Pulse attack called "One Second After" is currently being developed into a movie by Warner Brothers. Warner Bros. actually made the deal several months ago, but that fact was just made public a few days ago. I don't know the current development status. It is still too early to estimate a release date, but I'm sure that it won't be this year.

This is another reason, though, why Fox may not be the best target for a Dark Angel movie.

The official web site for the book "One Second After" currently gives the "Dark Angel Science Page" as the best source of factual information about electromagnetic pulse.

The author of the book seems to be pretty busy right now (which is not surprising for an author of a book that was just released last Tuesday). He hasn't answered the last email that I sent to him, and he hasn't even updated his web sites recently. The book seems to be selling very well.

(2) The Discovery Science documentary called "The Real Superhumans" was discussed on this forum a few months ago. One of those "superhumans" was Ray Kurzweil, who is the subject of two upcoming movies. One of the movies is "The Singularity is Near," which has a web site at:

http://www.singularity.com/themovie/

There are some uncertainties about the release date, but the internet movie database, imdb.com , gives the release date as 1 June, 2009, the Day of the Pulse.

Another upcoming movie about Kurzweil is Transcendant Man. See http://transcendentman.com/

(3) The U.S. Federal government suddenly gave U.S. television stations only 4 days notice to pick a shutoff date for turning off their analog transmitters. Although 158 television stations chose to shut off their television transmitters early (between mid-April and mid-June), only one station chose June 1, and that station was not a Fox station. So it looks like nothing more can be done in that regard.

The entertainment industry in the United States seems to be in a state of chaos. Of course, the entertainment industry is always in a state of chaos, but the economic situation is making it worse.

Jerry
X5DNA
Sector Cop

Postby Allison Lightning » Wed 25. Mar 2009, 01:50

I have an idea- actually I got it watching Dollhouse- Dark Angel was not the only fan base that had it's show cancelled on them ( sure it is the most difficult to get) no single fanbase seems to be able to do mutch on thier own. So we talk to the moderators, webmasters of other fanbases i.e. Veronica Mars, Stargate Atlantis , Firefly and so on.

We need the number but we're a cult show- let's throw all those numbers together and do something. They call it an alliance I do believe- and as strategy goes- if you don't have the numbers call on a friend.

FOX needs to take notice. We make them take notice... before we get our plans into action we need reinforcement... and I think if we work with other fanbases for DA and their shows that we could not just help Dark Angel- but maybe change how easy it is for networks to just can a show. Until we get change- nothing will be different.

Allison Lightning
Manticore Soldier

Postby Shwuigy » Tue 19. May 2009, 23:20

I had a few ideas about all this:

reading what you guys have been saying, I think we are still kind of unsure about how many people are involved. The petition just shows people who will sign but how many will participate? I think we should make some sort of list of the number of people who are going to be involved on this day, and we can recruit accordingly to how many more we need.

I really like X5DNA's idea about writing to the fox station KTTV - if they actually did this it would affect a huge number of people. Also the idea that contacting an affiliate news stations may be more effective seems right to me. THe main fox headquarters does not neccessarily take things like this seriously, they are probably SO busy. KTTV may have the time to give this some though, and THEN KTTV might contact fox executives higher on the corporate ladder, which WOULD be noticed.

****** Now I don't know if anybody mentioned this, but suggestion calls can really generate some effects. I am guessing that there are certain records kept in the trends of consumer comments over suggestion lines. If we were all to phone in on the day of the pulse I am almost sure that it would make a real, real impact. They could not block the phone calls since we all have different numbers. So many of us seem to live too far from fox and find travel a problem, but this is something that we could ALL do. Letters may not be answered, and we never really find out what the answer is. They have to answer calls.

On top of this, after making our first phone calls, we could start going to all our friends and relatives houses and getting them to call or call ourselves using their phones. People who can't make it to the USA could spend a few hours doing this. THe result would be that a huge number of different households would be recorded as calling in all on the same topic - I'm sure fox would take notice of this.

We could try and call many different headquarters as well. This would mean that many different fox stations would all have similar results, which would all eventually come back to the main corporation - a huge effect. I think it's worth a try, definitely.

AND GUYS: an actual EMP will not accomplish what we want, shaking people up is not what the issue is - fox would just disregard anything you do as culty and crazy. All fox and these news stations really care about in the end is satisfying fans to make money, we just have to show that an overwhelming fan base favours dark angel and that this is profitable.
Shwuigy
Sector Cop

PreviousNext

Return to Protest Section