Day of the pulse campaign

Here you can talk about all Protest Campaigns

Moderators: Serenity, Laura

Postby Serenity » Thu 21. May 2009, 22:38

I agree. Doing anything that could be viewed as even slightly illegal or questionable would have the oppsite effect we're looking for so I say scratch the EMP idea.

While the phone calling idea is a good one, if we're going to do it we need to find the right number for FOX's headquarters and make sure to check the phone rates so people won't be too surprised when they get their next phone bill ;).

As for the plans to have someone go to FOX's headquarters with letters and the plans for the protest outside the building, they're both good ideas but nothing's been pinned down yet. The date is fast approaching and not much is set in stone. With such a large, dedicated community we could make a huge impact but we've gotta get more of the details ironed out, soon.
Sketchy: "At least Normal knows who he is."
O.C.: "A constipated, crusty, angry, rhythm-free, Republican white man?"
==================================================================
I'm going to be me, so it you can't stand me, sit down...If you can't face me turn around!
Serenity
Network Moderator

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Thu 21. May 2009, 22:42

i agree!!!!!!
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby Shwuigy » Fri 22. May 2009, 01:31

yeah its true, i think we should have a meeting in a few days, give everyone some time to be notified about it and then meet in a huge online chat to iron everything out, we would need a speaker man and to take turns so things didn't get out of hand
i didn't think about the phone rates, that's very true, but im sure its not a crushing price, it couldnt be since people talk to family all the time right? but yeah we should check that out.
it seems like so far all that is set in stone is that we are all gonna send letters, so nobody forget to do that!!
as for the phone calls - everybody do what they can,

it seems like we have no american correspondent for now though, which is a real shame, but hopefully somebody will come forward.
THIS IS IMPORTANT (this website is a comment/complaint form that you fill out online and goes straight to fox):

http://www.fox.co.uk/contact --> we can all write in using this everybody should do this if they haven't, these are 100 percent seen, and we dont know whether our letters will be opened or not, these might even be answered

have people ever decided on writing james cameron and some of the actors and has that been tried before?

also we should make the adresses really clear and accessible to everybody so that nobody has a hard time doing their part, in fact, what are the precise adresses and names of people who we are writing to? I'm not even sure at this point

I want to really stress that last point:

what is the actual address and name that we are all writing to/contacting? i mean i know the main fox studios address, but how about execs that we want to contact? we have to get the right person, and we have to make it so that everybody knows the rigth person to send to.

EDIT:
for the fox studios in LA, these are two plausible numbers:

Programming Comment Line: 310-584-2005
Main Number: 310-584-2000 --> says that if you call this number somebody will direct to whoever you want, so maybe we could reach somebody important? but i doubt it..

we could try and get a message to this lady: Dorothy Lucey (Entertainment Anchor), if she heard enough from us she might mention it in the entertainment news

****and dont forget to click that link I mentioned earlier ( http://www.fox.co.uk/contact ), it sends a comment straight to fox movie studios, which will make them realise that people want a dark angel movie, especially if all of us send, they actually read that stuff to keep track of popular trends!!!!!!!!

also write something short here, if you have time, http://www.myfoxla.com/subindex/about_us/contact_us
Shwuigy
Sector Cop

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Fri 22. May 2009, 13:39

in a huge online chat to iron everything out, we would need a speaker man and to take turns so things didn't get out of hand

our leader Saahm...

it seems like we have no american correspondent for now though, which is a real shame, but hopefully somebody will come forward.

yeah that sucks... its always been like that

http://www.fox.co.uk/contact --> we can all write in using this everybody should do this if they haven't, these are 100 percent seen, and we dont know whether our letters will be opened or not, these might even be answered

thats another cool idea.

have people ever decided on writing james cameron and some of the actors and has that been tried before?

we've done that

also we should make the adresses really clear and accessible to everybody so that nobody has a hard time doing their part, in fact, what are the precise adresses and names of people who we are writing to? I'm not even sure at this point

on saahm's website
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby Shwuigy » Fri 22. May 2009, 19:46

cool, yeah i knew obviously saahm would have this stuff under check, i just didn't know where it all was.
and what did james cameron say when you wrote him, did he respond? did you write Jessica Alba, Michael Weatherly, or Jensen Ackles?

and i know we have a speakerman, but I'm asking is there an actual time for an online chat meeting set up? if so what is it? june 1st is fast approaching so I'm getting antsy haha :)
Shwuigy
Sector Cop

Postby Serenity » Fri 22. May 2009, 22:35

Here are the offcial addresses:

20TH CENTURY FOX (Theatricals):
Website Address: http://www.foxmovies.com
E-mail Address: foxmovies@fox.com

Paper Mail Address:
20TH CENTURY FOX THEATRICALS
P.O. BOX 900
BEVERLY HILLS, CA 90213-0900

20TH HOME VIDEO:
Website address: http://www.foxhome.com
E-mail Address: foxmovies@fox.com

Paper Mail Address:
20TH CENTURY FOX HOME VIDEO
P.O. BOX 900
BEVERLY HILLS, CA 90213-0900

20TH TELEVISION (Production Company):
Website address: http://www.foxhome.com

The main FOX website specifically says not to send correspondence to their headquarters if you want to inquire about a show produced by 20th Century FOX. However, they did include this:

FOX NETWORK SHOW MAILING ADDRESSES:

The address for requests of autographs, correspondence and other questions to the stars and producers of the FOX Show you asked about:

Paper Mail address only:
(NAME SHOW HERE)
P.O. Box 900
Attn: FOX BROADCASTING Publicity Dept.
Beverly Hills, CA 90213-0900
Sketchy: "At least Normal knows who he is."
O.C.: "A constipated, crusty, angry, rhythm-free, Republican white man?"
==================================================================
I'm going to be me, so it you can't stand me, sit down...If you can't face me turn around!
Serenity
Network Moderator

Postby Shwuigy » Sat 23. May 2009, 02:58

thanks serenity:)
Shwuigy
Sector Cop

Postby alistair » Tue 26. May 2009, 18:05

Hey,thanks guys for the email addresses,postal addresses and telephone numbers! I have/will put them to good use! :D :D :D
alistair
Jam Pony Messenger

Postby Shwuigy » Tue 26. May 2009, 19:35

k, so we need the letters there for june 1st right? so i'm gonna send mine today (takes only 2 days from Canada I think)
Shwuigy
Sector Cop

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Tue 26. May 2009, 20:46

yeah, good ideA
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby Shwuigy » Wed 27. May 2009, 18:53

hmm i was just thinking, when i watch a youtube vid of dark angel or something, if you look at the comments, there are always at least 8 people who say something like "damnit why the hell did fox cancel dark angel?" or "it has to return", etc... maybe if we took screenshots of all these videos to show that the general trend in the online community is to want it back.. like how common it is to see people wanting it back?

or!! we can cut out all the comments about dark angel on these videos and make one huge list of all of them, there are probably like 1000 we could find, but this would take a while so it would not be ready for june 1st...
Shwuigy
Sector Cop

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Wed 27. May 2009, 21:06

wow, thats cool. really good!!!!!
are YOU willing to do it?
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby Shwuigy » Thu 28. May 2009, 00:11

yeah, I am, but the problem is it would not be ready by june 1st, could we send it in like a week later or something?

and now that I take a look at these videos, it may be much easier to copy and paste rather than cutting out every single screen shot to have just what we want using paint or adobe, what do you think?

EDIT
actually i found a program that can help (you can print screen a whole web page rather than only what your monitor can capture)

EDIT
YOU KNOW WHAT! im gonna stay up late and just do this haha!! hard work pays off right? lets see if i can do this for the day of pulse, dean can you get in touch with saahm about this?
Shwuigy
Sector Cop

Postby Rayne » Thu 28. May 2009, 08:26

You can buy calling cards so it would be a fixed amount of money you'd spend to call there. Here in Canada, we have some that are 5$, 10$ or 20$. I remember that on the 5$ ones, I had about two hours (120 minutes).
Rayne
Jam Pony Messenger

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Thu 28. May 2009, 16:25

great ideas everyone. this calling thing might actually work!!
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

PreviousNext

Return to Protest Section