A Dark Angel Network cartoon

Here you can talk about all Protest Campaigns

Moderators: Serenity, Laura

A Dark Angel Network cartoon

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Sat 26. Jan 2008, 01:31

Sorry, this topic was lost during the server change, including some posts on other topics, so check them out.

Anyway, I’ll start all over again. So to those who don't know, I make animated movies (yes cartoons, but cartoons sounds so childish). At the moment I’m doing a feature film one, its going to be about 1 hour and a half long, but its still in development stage (story board and fine tuning the story and dialogue), but that’s on pause at the moment with school. We plan to sell it after I’m finished.

So we've talked about it on other topics, and knew it would eventually come... A Dark Angel Network cartoon. I was thinking of doing something short (less then 5 minutes) to promote Dark Angel Network, the Barcode day and in keeping DA alive.

I don't really think we should do a fan fic thing. Before this topic was lost we already had some suggestion and rantanplan suggested a scene with the characters at Jam Pony and they are sent out to give out some papers promoting DAN (we can reveal that the papers are promoting DAN at the end of the film). It thought this is a good start. I thought that at the beginning we would have a discussion ala Kevin smith ( for those who aren't already familiar with my obsession with KS here's a clip of what I mean -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6lzEhoXads or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0sc-gS9AqM ) a discussion between Max, Herbal, O.C., Alec and Sketchy, may be refering to Dark angel without naming it, talking abut FOX, how they cancelled DA, reasons behind this, refernce to Hitman and Da, and how someone should do something about this injustace (Max can say, how about the fantastic four lol you can check old topics we have discussed to see if there are any good jokes in any of them).... Then Normal comes over and "BIT BIT BIT, Urgent deliveries... or what ever" and makes a sarcastic joke like "and thats how we keep the capital system alive... by sitting there drinking cofffee, crying about an ancient TV show and how it got cancelled..." and they go out giving all these flyers out to other characters from the show, Logan, Joshua, Zack, Lydeker, who ever. Some can even join the Jam Pony gang. Then there is a fight with some special ops or who ever and it ends with us seeing the flyer.

This is my take on it and its not written in stone, so all suggestions for story, dialogue, dialogue lines and jokes for the movie, characters… anyway you get the gist, and all help is needed.

Now I would need some help with audio, audio mixing, video mixing, voice actors (so if you know anyone who can do it, or sound like the ENGLISH actors, get their asses here... or even good voice manipulator programms will do) ECT…

time for this project is limited, the BCD is only a few weeks away, and i'm a one man show, so thats a lot of work.
Last edited by gtf_dean_fenech on Sat 26. Jan 2008, 15:27, edited 1 time in total.
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby rantanplan » Sat 26. Jan 2008, 02:04

err, an idea... . you speak about a fight with special TAC unit.. . Maybe we can imagine there is not manticore but the fox who send them... . "special FOX unit", sound good, no ? :D.

About the discussion ala kevin smith, i don't know his style, so i think you're again the one which can write that... .
For the message on the flyer, i think it's betterto know what sort of action we do the year... .
Maybe do only letters can be good enough, because after the last year, it's maybe the only way where another fans will accept to come with us... .
So maybe it's better to advertice only for the traditional sending letters, it's easy, and it not asking a lot of preparation, like a travel or something else, and not requering a infinite confidence... .
Are everybody ok with that ? or somebody want speak about another action ?

An another point, i don't know if it is realisable, but when we'll finish to write all dialogue, maybe we can be more original and attractive if we do a "movie" rather a "cartoon" : we have girls and boys here, with differents age, so maybe we can do recording of our voices, for make speaking characters, rather write the text like in comics book, no ?
(but of course, it's needed for this to somebody without bad accent... So i'm definitely out lol).

(err, i begin to see that you speak about cartoon and not comics, and i begin to remember the difference.. . maybe you've already thinking to what i tell about a movie (or more exactly... what is called "cartoon" lol). ?

bye!
rantanplan
X2

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Sat 26. Jan 2008, 02:15

err, an idea... . you speak about a fight with special TAC unit.. . Maybe we can imagine there is not manticore but the fox who send them... . "special FOX unit", sound good, no ? .

thats a very good idea, i like it alot!!!

So maybe it's better to advertice only for the traditional sending letters, it's easy, and it not asking a lot of preparation, like a travel or something else, and not requering a infinite confidence... .
Are everybody ok with that ? or somebody want speak about another action ?

thats a small detail for the cartoon, we can see that later

An another point, i don't know if it is realisable, but when we'll finish to write all dialogue, maybe we can be more original and attractive if we do a "movie" rather a "cartoon" : we have girls and boys here, with differents age, so maybe we can do recording of our voices, for make speaking characters, rather write the text like in comics book, no ?
(but of course, it's needed for this to somebody without bad accent... So i'm definitely out lol).

cartoon in english means animated movie, comic is well, a comic book. i Mean animated movie as i said above, the characters will totally move, like in the ones you see on TV, and i also mentioned voice actors and voice manipulation programms which would be not so usefull in a written comic book.
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby rantanplan » Sat 26. Jan 2008, 12:21

thats a very good idea, i like it alot!!!

happy about this :).

thats a small detail for the cartoon, we can see that later

uh? i was thinking it's important, for know what about we must advertising precisely... . In all way, it must be something that we can do fastly :).
But it's right there is already a topic about that :).

cartoon in english means animated movie, comic is well, a comic book. i Mean animated movie as i said above, the characters will totally move, like in the ones you see on TV, and i also mentioned voice actors and voice manipulation programms which would be not so usefull in a written comic book.

lool it's ok... . but you know i'm always in late... . Not surprising that i propose something that you've already think. :D.

bye!
rantanplan
X2

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Sat 26. Jan 2008, 12:25

lool it's ok... . but you know i'm always in late... . Not surprising that i propose something that you've already think

lol its ok, i'm use to you now. But i am planning to do an animated movie. I'm already starting so sketches and character development (which isn't too hard because the characters already exist so we don't have to start from the begining).
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby rantanplan » Sat 26. Jan 2008, 12:50

good luck to you, and if you need somebody to me, i'll try to do my better for help... .

bye!
rantanplan
X2

Postby hedghehog » Sat 26. Jan 2008, 13:43

so you need our help,what exactly and how can we participate
"We all have time machines.The ones that take us back are called memories and the ones that take us forward are called dreams."

hedghehog
Transhuman

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Sat 26. Jan 2008, 13:47

This is my take on it and its not written in stone, so all suggestions for story, dialogue, dialogue lines and jokes for the movie, characters… anyway you get the gist, and all help is needed.

Now I would need some help with audio, audio mixing, video mixing, voice actors (so if you know anyone who can do it, or sound like the ENGLISH actors, get their asses here... or even good voice manipulator programms will do) ECT…

time for this project is limited, the BCD is only a few weeks away, and i'm a one man show, so thats a lot of work.

i really want this to be a joint project with the members here like the whole t-shirt thing was... well animation and drawing or what ever will be done by me of course, but with story, ect... i have already given some hints on the story but we don't have to go that way... suggestions in general is what we need.
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby rantanplan » Sat 26. Jan 2008, 16:10

before normal comes with his "bip bip", maybe OC max, and another can speak about "so the fox want stop us? really?? are you sure of that?"
"yeah oc, an indicator to logan has tell him that" Or something like this... .

And why not a streaming of eyes only at this moment, speaking about that ?
We make eyes only tell the necessary, and before the end, normal comes, "bip bip, need everybody for special delivery.....". And they comes... .

Maybe it's better to permit to eyes only to termine, because in the real show, no one messenger will go to work before the end of the streaming, but i think if normal interrupts eyes only, it look like more dynamics... .

what do you think about that ?

I think it's correct because with a discussion between caracter, a streaming, a fight with fox agents, and a curse for jampony, we have the most part of things in the show... .

Maybe we can find a way for showing max steal something, or with a love-diner, and she's interrupt for help his friend for the delivery.... . I don't know, ideas come by so differents ways... .

bye!
rantanplan
X2

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Sat 26. Jan 2008, 16:23

about the script i'll try to write something soon.

about the eyes only broadcast. I was thinking that at the end eyesonly says something about "all thos letters you recieved is about BCD and DAN... FOX beware" or something like that, but its shown at the end not at the begining.
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby rantanplan » Sat 26. Jan 2008, 16:31

mmm ok... .

It will be like if letter come to eyes only, so ?

i was imagine that at the end, we see somebody receive the letter, and see what he read... .

But we can do too show logan receive the letter and do a broadcast (again one time, it was maybe your first idea lol).

bye!
rantanplan
X2

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Sat 26. Jan 2008, 17:29

when the jam pony gang are passing out the letters or flyers or whatever we can do a short of music montage of different people from jam pony passing the letters or flyers to other chareters from the show, like we show alec on a window ledge of the police station and then we show Matt Sung reading it, or Sketchy giving a letter to the bar man at Crash or to Lydeker who is drinking a glass of water, or someone giving a letter to Sebatian and we can make it funny if a robotic arm comes out of his wheel chair and taking the letter like this -> http://img193.imagevenue.com/img.php?im ... _466lo.JPG , or Zack is talking on a pay phone and then O.C. gives him a letter, he drops the phone, the phone is still hanging there and we see Zack and O.C. running away and then we hear someone on the phone going "zack... hello...?" or Logan is writing on his computer, then a the letter falls on his keyboard and he looks up and Max is smiling at him leaning on the computer. Things and short funny situations like these. then all this leads to the fight, DA characters are victorious over the evil special FOX agents. Then we bring the eyesonly broadcast

this is my idea so far.
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby moonlitestar » Sat 26. Jan 2008, 17:54

i like the ideas. :D not really sure how I can help though, as I have no ideas of my own and don't really know many that speak or talk like our DA actors/actresses.
moonlitestar
Manticore Squad Leader

Postby *AnGeL_NoCtUrNo* » Sat 26. Jan 2008, 18:02

mmm... thanks for the PM dean, I have no idea of that stuff!!

I think it's an awesome idea, and if you need something, you only have to ask (but I don't know how... )

I have some "notions" of mixin' clips and that stuff (you saw my last videos on youtube) but that's simple...

whatever, I'll help you if you need^^

kisses for everyone!! (and sorry for being disconected... i'm too busy with the school-stuff and the exams for university... :( excuse me )
Forever eyes, dark. Somebody's angel. She comes to me, like an angel out of time, as I play the part of a saint on my knees, there are some things I'll live without, but I want you to know that I need you right now
*AnGeL_NoCtUrNo*
Manticore Soldier

Postby rantanplan » Sat 26. Jan 2008, 20:27

you had not to scuse! lol.

good to see some users here... .

yes, it can be good like you think, dean! (and as i know you, it will ;) ).
And maybe it can be a good idea to do a new movie each year... (if it's needed lol).
but thinkinf alreayd for the present.

So yes, like your idea, too :).

angel nocturno : yes, it was what i thinking too : you do good vids, so maybe you can do that for the project... .

MLS : you speak a correct english, it's already good :D.

bye!

ps : i think, for an another time, we can use directly scene of the real show, for illustrated a another movie for advertise... . Like this, we do a movie with real actors, even not a cartoon, which is already very good :).

bye!
rantanplan
X2

Next

Return to Protest Section