New to the site

Let us know who you are and where are you from / Hier könnt ihr euch vorstellen und uns was über euch erzählen

Moderator: Network Admins

New to the site

Postby SW-DA 34 » Tue 11. Dec 2007, 03:23

Hey. I just came across this website today. Here is my story as to how I got into Dark Angel. My wife and I were shopping at Sam's Club a few months ago. I was walking in the DVD aisle and came across Dark Angel Season 1 and Season 2. I had never watched the show before. My wife is aware that I think highly of Jessica Alba(she likes the dude from Smallville) and I'd figure I'd put them in the cart to annoy her. Surprisingly, she didnt say anything. I was shocked. I really had no intention of buying them, but since she didnt say anything I figured why not?
It took me a couple of weeks to get through the first 7 episodes. I'm a big New York Giants football fan, and I was watching the game against the Cowboys recently and they were getting killed. Couldnt stand to watch it anymore. I put on Blah Blah Woof Woof...I watched another 5 episodes that night and within the next week or 2 had finished up season 2. After that, the books and as of this weekend, I finished up virtual season 3.
I'm trying to get my wife into the show, we've watched the first 13 episodes of season 1 together so far...she is liking it.
Anyway, that is my story.
SW-DA 34
Jam Pony Messenger

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Tue 11. Dec 2007, 10:31

well let me be the first to welcome you to the DARK ANGEL NETWORK. Look around, and catch up on whats going on so far by reading past topics. Enjoy
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby moonlitestar » Tue 11. Dec 2007, 14:22

Wow, that's quite a story for starting Dark Angel now. :D Quite random, if I can say so, haha. Glad you could join us!

I'm glad to see that people are still getting into DA after all these years, haha. Quite amazing, really. :D

Welcome to DAN. We hope you find the community and answers you seek. :D

:welcome:
moonlitestar
Manticore Squad Leader

Postby hedghehog » Tue 11. Dec 2007, 17:31

LOOOOOOOOOL :löl: Great story worth reading twice :lol2:
So a Giants fan well I used to watch NFL but this year my TV station didnt buy rights to air the games :nonono: so that sucks,but anyway im even bigger NBA fan so :rock: (sorry about the Knicks man they kind of suck).
Never mind welcome aboard and we hope to see your wife here soon :helloo:
"We all have time machines.The ones that take us back are called memories and the ones that take us forward are called dreams."

hedghehog
Transhuman

Postby jondy09 » Tue 11. Dec 2007, 20:22

AWESOME! WELCOME TO DAN! :)
NEW CHAPTER

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3763434/1/C ... he_Damned- AU 2009: After a failed escape attempt the remains of unit 12 are hauled off to Psy-ops each emerges as the 'perfect soldier'. It's about their struggle to regain their humanity after the horrors of Psy-ops...review! 3 chapters up!
jondy09
Psy-Ops

Postby SW-DA 34 » Wed 12. Dec 2007, 03:13

It's cool that I have somewhere to talk about DA now. None of my friends have seen the show. At work, my buddies and I talk alot about tv shows(you know, anything except actually doing work)...Lost, Heroes etc...so I figured that someone, anyone would have seen Dark Angel. Everyone has heard of it, but no one has actually seen it. My old sister thinks she may have seen a few episodes, but isnt really sure.
It was really annoying me, to say the least.
Thanksgiving was at my house this year. My wife's side of the family...parents, aunts, uncle's cousins and Grandma. Somehow or other they were talking about tv shows, and my wife was telling everyone about my new "obsession" with Dark Angel...low and behold I found a fan of the show...my wife's 80 year old grandma. Of course she doesnt remember what happened, but remembers it's like Bionic Woman...which she watches also.
Anyway, glad to be able to read and write about the show finally.
SW-DA 34
Jam Pony Messenger

Postby Max Guevara\X5 452 » Wed 12. Dec 2007, 03:30

welcome to DAN SW-DA 34 :D
Max Guevara\X5 452
Manticore Soldier

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Wed 12. Dec 2007, 12:15

It's cool that I have somewhere to talk about DA now. None of my friends have seen the show. At work, my buddies and I talk alot about tv shows(you know, anything except actually doing work)...Lost, Heroes etc...so I figured that someone, anyone would have seen Dark Angel. Everyone has heard of it, but no one has actually seen it.

i know exactly what you mean...
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby Laura » Wed 12. Dec 2007, 14:34

Welcome among us SW-DA 34! :D

Hope you'll like the forum ;)

They designed her to be the perfect soldier, a human weapon, than she escaped. In a future not far from now, in a broken world, she is haunted by her past. She cannot run, she must fight to discover her destiny.
Laura
Network Moderator

Postby hedghehog » Wed 12. Dec 2007, 18:28

hahaaha grandma loves DA how cool,does she understand it :lol2:
and yeah i totally understand,none of my friends seen the show so they dont understand a thing when im talking about DA
"We all have time machines.The ones that take us back are called memories and the ones that take us forward are called dreams."

hedghehog
Transhuman

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Wed 12. Dec 2007, 18:29

with me its more like "yeah isn't that one with jessica alba... she hot..." thats the end of the conversation
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby hedghehog » Wed 12. Dec 2007, 18:35

gtf_dean_fenech wrote:with me its more like "yeah isn't that one with jessica alba... she hot..." thats the end of the conversation

yeah nobody wants to hear the theme of the show they just say:"its an SF show?Sorry man not interested...Jessica Alba is in it...wow...cheers man enjy the show" :prost: :nation:

hedghehog
Transhuman

Postby Serenity » Thu 13. Dec 2007, 00:24

Welcome to the family :group:
Sketchy: "At least Normal knows who he is."
O.C.: "A constipated, crusty, angry, rhythm-free, Republican white man?"
==================================================================
I'm going to be me, so it you can't stand me, sit down...If you can't face me turn around!
Serenity
Network Moderator

Postby Saahm23 » Fri 14. Dec 2007, 00:48

Hehe welcome to us SW-DA 34. Each fan is welcome here :winke:
Wish you much fun and when you got questions shot :bad1:
Saahm23
Network Admin

Postby rantanplan » Sat 15. Dec 2007, 23:10

lool i love your family, SW!! :d.

she's great! :d.

And i like your presentation's story too.. . I think you're the fan that have the more special story for become converter lol.

so welcome here to you, and have fun with your similars fans :).

And congratulations for have see the two season, read book, and find us so fastly :).

bye! ;).
rantanplan
X2

Next

Return to Introduce yourself / User stellen sich vor