Hi from a Dark Angel fan!

Let us know who you are and where are you from / Hier könnt ihr euch vorstellen und uns was über euch erzählen

Moderator: Network Admins

Hi from a Dark Angel fan!

Postby Allison Lightning » Tue 27. Jan 2009, 13:36

Hi, I'm Allison ( 21 years old) and I've been a member for awhile except I couldn't for the life of me find the address for this site for forever- and I had fanfiction to write and an rpg to moderate (Dark Angel what else?)

I have been into Dark Angel since it first came out in Australia, and they were advertising it- seems like many more years than just coming on eight... I know DA is older - I even remember that stupid as hell advert that Channel 7 ( a free to air network) had on before it- it was Prodigy ( I have recently recalled that I did watch a moment of Flushed but I was kicked out of the lounge room, the sucky life of a thirteen year old DA fan) and they used some promo pictures or something and totally made out like Lydecker was going to discover Max.

I felt a strange sensation in my bones- I had to watch this and I did. I fell hard- for this show. The characters- everything and I remember seeing Lydecker and even though I hadn't seen the first few episodes I felt this shiver.

So until it was cancelled ( one of my earlier memories online after working out how to use the net- finding the annoucement that Dark Angel was renewed, then a few days later finding one that had said it had been cancelled) the second season was showing here when the news came out and even after I watched the episodes whenever they came back on TV.

In 2004/5 they were rerunning the episodes and I only had a few tapes and I was forced to pick my favorites... and I accidentaly taped over my copy of 'The Berrisford Agenda'.

And then in 2005 - recieving my first DVD ever was my best friends present to me for my 18th birthday, Dark Angel, season 1, part one- and I kid you not that day as if by fate I walked into Coles, and right in the aisle was single cased volumes of Dark Angel ten dollars a dvd. I scared some people when I started screaming... by the end of that year I had all the DA dvds. And a growing hatred for the evil network :fox:

Of course I had grown up to be a very dedicated or obsessed fan according to everyone who knows me. ( It took me till last year to watch Firefly- and while I don't hate it, I so dont get the hype) I wrote a mary sue for DA who thankfully mostly stayed buried in my harddrive... I wrote a self insert fic, ditto.

I am very strict about IC with fanfiction as far as Dark Angel is concerned and have been pro Max/Logan since I started watching this. I am a nice, empathic person but I can totally ream out anyone who insinuates that Jessica Alba can't act ( she can, thank you very much) or who comes to the DA imdb to insult the show.
Dark Angel has helped me grow as a writer and I am writing one of the rarer type of Logan-centric stories on ff.net. Go Logan Cale!!!

I mod an rpg- I was in one as a basic memeber originally until the moderator turned Manticore into a frat house. But it's an active-somewhat group that continues the DA arc. I have the occasional DA dreams- and recently had a very cruel one in which there were two movies being released for it. Then I woke up, devestated.

I can bring any coversation back to DA and for Christmas my best friend gave me a statue that was meant to be the egyptian goddess Bast-the goddess who comprehends all goddesses, eye of RA, protector, avenger, destroyer, giver of life who lives forever.

If my long and quite babbly post didn't clue you in- I love Dark Angel- it is the most breathtaking, amazing kick ass show ever.
And the FOX network execs deserve to be thrown in basement with the nomlies. ( Ohh and I recently got this new barcode font for my computer!)
Last edited by Allison Lightning on Wed 28. Jan 2009, 10:52, edited 1 time in total.
Allison Lightning
Manticore Soldier

Postby Jana X5-169 » Tue 27. Jan 2009, 13:48

Hello Allison,

:danboard:

Fight with us for a continuation. Have fun :thumbup:
Jana X5-169
Cyberjournalist

Postby Laura » Tue 27. Jan 2009, 18:45

Welcome Allison Lightning :D
It's really interesting to see how you got into DA ;)
Hope you'll like the forum.

They designed her to be the perfect soldier, a human weapon, than she escaped. In a future not far from now, in a broken world, she is haunted by her past. She cannot run, she must fight to discover her destiny.
Laura
Network Moderator

Postby hedghehog » Tue 27. Jan 2009, 19:15

WOW i never good such a good 18th b-day present COOL.Welcome to site.
and yes your long and quite babbly post worked we know that you love DA :nation:
"We all have time machines.The ones that take us back are called memories and the ones that take us forward are called dreams."

hedghehog
Transhuman

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Tue 27. Jan 2009, 19:40

welcome Allison Lightning.

Max/Logan since I started watching this.

yeah me too!!!!

Of course I had grown up to be a very dedicated or obsessed fan according to everyone who knows me.

same here

We all share you're feelings towards DA too. So read past topics and catch up on whats been going on. Have fun and hope to hear more of you in other topics.
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby tim1990 » Tue 27. Jan 2009, 20:52

:danboard: even if you are a member for a longer time
tim1990
Manticore Squad Leader

Postby Allison Lightning » Wed 28. Jan 2009, 11:06

Thanks for the welcome- I can go on for hours about Dark Angel is someone doesn't put their hand over my mouth and I got in trouble in Yr 10 for having 'kiss my transgenic ass' scrawled across my school binder.

I love to show my love and spread the word so more people can harrass :fox: and bring our show back.

It was a great birthday present!! The next day the lady who cleaned our bathrooms knocked the DVD under a shelf and the second disk got scratched and I went psycho nuts lile Issac-but my mother replaced the disk- mainly because I wouldn't shut up. I have been roping my thirteen year old brother and nine year old sister into Dark Angel.

And on my 21st birthday I was half asleep and scared my friend Debbie ranting about DA until three in the morning- she asked if FOX was to bring it back tomorrow could I forgive them. And I said no, cause I never could forgive them for these years without DA. :nation:
I would stop uttering death threats and calling them the second Coming.

I always like Max's speech in Freak Nation to our situation, like they won't sweep us fans away like garbage...

And there I went again... sad, little me.

Oh and if I had to pick a designation for myself it'd be X5 724. Sign no. 47 why I need help.
Allison Lightning
Manticore Soldier

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Wed 28. Jan 2009, 22:51

its so great to see someone as enthusiastic about DA as we are. Read up on what we've been doing (BCD, DA Cartoon, season 1 vs season 2, favourit episode, ect) and comment where you want.
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby Max Guevara\X5 452 » Fri 30. Jan 2009, 08:53

Welcome Back Allison Lightning :D Channel 7 and fox have 1 thing in common.....they both suck :lol: :!: :fox: :foxsucks:
Max Guevara\X5 452
Manticore Soldier

Postby Allison Lightning » Fri 30. Jan 2009, 11:32

Oh so very true- I'm laughing I was on the german character elimination thread of this site, and I had to call my grandmother who is german to help translate and help me say sorry ( I made a mistake about when to post and the whole timezone thing) And I'm not very german literate. Which makes me hope if I ever get to meet my german relatives all of which I have never met that they know english or I know more german.

Channel 7 does really suck and as does FOX... die FOX die :fox:
" When you think you see me I'm not there because you left me behind"

An alternate ending for AJBAC, all because of one thing, Logan is captured by Manticore while Max got away. Inside of Manticore, struggling to hold onto his sanity, his identity, Logan has nowhere to hide. Will he survive to escape, or will Lydecker destroy him first?

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4530040/1/Damaged
Allison Lightning
Manticore Soldier

Postby Saahm23 » Sun 8. Feb 2009, 20:34

Hy and welcome Allison Lightning :D happy to see you here back ^^
Saahm23
Network Admin

Postby Allison Lightning » Mon 9. Feb 2009, 01:28

Well as a Dark Angel fan I take my resposibilties very seriously- anything for the cause... we will make :fox: bring back Dark Angel!
" When you think you see me I'm not there because you left me behind"

An alternate ending for AJBAC, all because of one thing, Logan is captured by Manticore while Max got away. Inside of Manticore, struggling to hold onto his sanity, his identity, Logan has nowhere to hide. Will he survive to escape, or will Lydecker destroy him first?

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4530040/1/Damaged
Allison Lightning
Manticore Soldier

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Mon 9. Feb 2009, 14:11

tll me about it. DA t-shirts design, DA Banner, and even a DA cartoon (which i haven't had a comment from you about it yet... i'm waiting)
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby rantanplan » Mon 9. Feb 2009, 18:15

welcome here!! sorry for my late.

have fun between us!

i see you in some topics, already... . Hope to see you on our project!!

bye!
rantanplan
X2

Return to Introduce yourself / User stellen sich vor