You know you're obsessed with DA when...

Everything :D !!!No posts will count!!

Moderator: Network Admins

You know you're obsessed with DA when...

Postby jondy09 » Sat 8. Sep 2007, 02:54

1. You get your friends obsessed before they even see it because you talk about it so much

2. You and your newly obsessed friend are going to get barcodes the summer before we leave for college (we'll be 18 then)

3. You make up designations for you and your friends based on whose personality they fit best

4. You use quotes in conversation all the time

5. You practice combat moves for fun

6. you dream about being an X5

7. You stay up all night watching the DVDs

8. You think of joining the army

10. you make up new hand signs so you can communicate secretly

11. you sign up for self-defense classes that teach you how to disarm someone with a knife or gun

12. you start calling your friends 'boo' and 'sugar'

13. you wonder who is really behind all the cloning and nanotechnology that has been on the news lately

14. every time you see a DA cast member on TV you have to say, "He/she was in Dark Angel"

15. when you count down to 2009 and plan on traveling to Gillette Wyoming just to be sure

16. when you say 'gotta blaze' every time you have to leave

17. when you have a DA marathon every May 16th

18. You're too addicted to DA when you dream about what happened after the siege of Terminal City (and have other daydreams about DA)

19. when reading DA fanfic is in serious danger of cramping your productivity

20. every time you see the numbers 452, 494, 210, 493, 734 you think Max, Alec, Jondy, Ben, Brin

21. When you practice H2H you get angry when you can't blur

22. You call your group of friends your unit

23. You learn everything you can about DNA and you ask all your science teachers about the possibility of using recombinant DNA to produce a superior human

24. you bug all your friends and family by talking about it all the time

25. you have a dark angel wallpaper and screensaver (The screensaver is eyes only with the with 'streaming freedom video bulletin' scrolling across the top and bottom)

26. you learn stealth so after the pulse you can be an awesome cat burglar

your turn....
Last edited by jondy09 on Wed 12. Sep 2007, 01:34, edited 4 times in total.
jondy09
Psy-Ops

Postby moonlitestar » Sat 8. Sep 2007, 03:15

(loved it! it was great read!) The following apply for me:

1. When you only write DA fanfiction
2. When you hear only the audio from and episode your roommate is watching and know exactly WHICH episode she's watching as well as WHAT part she's at.
3. When you keep wondering "how max would have done it"
4. When you fear the year 2009 and hope you have a steady job that will last even after the pulse hits (I graduate college in 2009!!!)
5. When you research random tidbits on the military to write Dark Angel fics, and later realize you have a strange interest in the military and might even purse a career related to them.
6. When you write "original" fiction that has underlying concepts presented in DA (http://www.fictionpress.com/~moonlitestar reference COP story or Growing up the Same. both stories seem to have similarities with Manticore)
7. When you want to know all you can about genetics, with particular regards to transgenics and recombinant DNA
8. When you RP DA characters with some other DA obsessed online friends
9. When you see a series of numbers and are able to recognize any known designations presented in DA
10. When you compare unrelated things to Manticore or the broken world that is America,Post Pulse
11. When you see a Caduceus and think of Familiars.
12. When you see snakes and think of Familiars
13. When you see a DA actor/actress on another media and know he/she is from Dark Angel (err I actually once saw Brin and didn't recognize her...but knew she was familiar! :oops:)
14. When most of the fanart you make is DA.
15. When you spend most of your time on DA Network answering posts like this
moonlitestar
Manticore Squad Leader

Postby jondy09 » Sat 8. Sep 2007, 03:29

lol, yep,
27. when you make/ post on threads like this,

28. When you can't seem to go a day w/o checking DA-network or youtube DA vids or something DA related

29. When everyday you ask your friends if they've watched the pilot epi you sent to them

30. when reading this makes you think of even more things

(I graduate from high school in '09!)
NEW CHAPTER

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3763434/1/C ... he_Damned- AU 2009: After a failed escape attempt the remains of unit 12 are hauled off to Psy-ops each emerges as the 'perfect soldier'. It's about their struggle to regain their humanity after the horrors of Psy-ops...review! 3 chapters up!
jondy09
Psy-Ops

Re: You know you're obsessed with DA when...

Postby cazpotato » Sat 8. Sep 2007, 03:57

1. You get your friends obsessed before they even see it because you talk about it so much

2. You and your newly obsessed friend are going to get barcodes the summer before we leave for college

3. You make up designations for you and your friends based on whose personality they fit best

4. You use quotes in conversation all the time

5. You practice combat moves for fun

6. you dream about being an X5

7. You stay up all night watching the DVDs

8. You think of joining the army

10. you make up new hand signs so you can communicate secretly

11. you sign up for self-defense classes that teach you how to disarm someone with a knife or gun

12. you start calling your friends 'boo' and 'sugar'

13. you wonder who is really behind all the cloning and nanotechnology that has been on the news lately

14. every time you see a DA cast member on TV you have to say, "He/she was in Dark Angel"

15. when you count down to 2009 and plan on traveling to Gillette Wyoming just to be sure (That is an awesome idea)

16. when you say 'gotta blaze' every time you have to leave

17. when you have a DA marathon every May 16th

18. You're too addicted to DA when you dream about what happened after the siege of Terminal City (and have other daydreams about DA)

19. when reading DA fanfic is in danger of cramping your productivity

20. every time you see the numbers 452, 494, 210, 493, 734 you think Max, Alec, Jondy, Ben, Brin (...and Tinga(656), Syl (701), Krit(471) and Zane(205) =D )

21. When you practice H2H you get angry when you can't blur - HAHAHA.

22. You call your group of friends your unit

23. You learn everything you can about DNA and you ask all your science teachers about the possibility of using recombinant DNA to produce a superior human

24. you bug all your friends and family by talking about it all the time

25. you have a dark angel wallpaper and screensaver (The screensaver is eyes only with the with 'streaming freedom video bulletin' scrolling across the top and bottom) - No screensaver :<

26. you learn stealth so after the pulse you can be an awesome cat burglar bwahah
cazpotato
Manticore Soldier

Postby jondy09 » Sat 8. Sep 2007, 03:59

:lol: any you can think of?
NEW CHAPTER

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3763434/1/C ... he_Damned- AU 2009: After a failed escape attempt the remains of unit 12 are hauled off to Psy-ops each emerges as the 'perfect soldier'. It's about their struggle to regain their humanity after the horrors of Psy-ops...review! 3 chapters up!
jondy09
Psy-Ops

Postby cazpotato » Sat 8. Sep 2007, 04:01

When DA encompasses every act of your life...? ;D
cazpotato
Manticore Soldier

Postby jondy09 » Sat 8. Sep 2007, 17:54

:lol: that works! What are we the only truly DA obsessed people here? (I doubt it)

:( I thought more people would have comments... and in reference to 29. my friends still haven't watched the pilot that I sent to them :x
jondy09
Psy-Ops

Postby jondy09 » Tue 11. Sep 2007, 20:48

So, is no one else is obsessed? :cry:
NEW CHAPTER

jondy09
Psy-Ops

Postby Max Guevara\X5 452 » Wed 12. Sep 2007, 01:45

your obsessed when...

1.you buy a black kawasaki ZZR 250 modify it to 600 and modify it to look like Max's bike and on your plates have max's barcode number "452" :D
Max Guevara\X5 452
Manticore Soldier

Postby jondy09 » Wed 12. Sep 2007, 02:14

Did you really do that? That's awesome!!
NEW CHAPTER

jondy09
Psy-Ops

Postby moonlitestar » Wed 12. Sep 2007, 02:36

ooo i know someone who's thought of doing something like that...

I have a motorcylce license now...:D hehge if i get a motorcycle, itll definitely be the one max had .:D err...after modification, of course. ;)

not sure if I'll go as far as getting her barcode though...
moonlitestar
Manticore Squad Leader

Postby max33452 » Wed 12. Sep 2007, 18:38

You know your obsessed when:

1) When you plan to take all your money out of the bank before June 1st, 2009.

2) You want to get a barcode tatoo on the back of your neck.

3) You look over your shoulder ever so often to make sure manticore spies are not following you.

4) when you sit at home for hours creating DA music videos (http://youtube.com/profile?user=max33452)

5) when you stay on the computer for hours looking up any information you can find about Dark Angel

6) When all you do is right DA fan fictions (http://www.fanfiction.net/~max33452)

7) sit in class and write these posts

8) stay up late posting in DA fan rpg groups

9) are able to name any episode by title, number, and season it was located in just by hearing an event or line that is said within it.

10) you pray every night the fox will soon come to their senses and bring the show back

11) are able to repeat any line or phrase said within the epsiode just by hearing the line before.
max33452
Jam Pony Messenger

Postby moonlitestar » Thu 13. Sep 2007, 03:16

16) when you're on DA network and "taking notes" during class simultaneously

17) when you get excited hearing someone else is part of a DA RPG.
@ max33452: where do you rp at? I've been looking for active ones...but haven't found any...
moonlitestar
Manticore Squad Leader

Postby jondy09 » Thu 13. Sep 2007, 03:19

I want to know to... so answer on the thread instead of pm please!

27) even though your windows movie maker seems like it can't go five minutes without freezing :wallbash: you continue to make (or try to make) DA fanvids...
NEW CHAPTER

jondy09
Psy-Ops

Postby Serenity » Thu 13. Sep 2007, 19:18

1. You can come up wth and answer just about any DA question people have right away or within a few minutes.

2. You create a DA website and maintain it even though the show is no longer on the air.

3. You own practically every peice of DA merchandise out there.

4. You have rows and rows of CDs full of DA &/or JA images, wallpaper, and screencaps you've taken.

5. You tell anyone who asks what your favorite show is all about DA.

6. You force friends and family to watch DA with you (and then they become as hooked as you are).

7. When your computer log in name sayd "Dark Angel"

8. You rename all the main folders on your computer to DA-related items, and yes, I've personally done this:
*My Computer-->Database
*My Documents-->Project Manticore
*My Music-->Audio Files
*My Pictures-->Mug Shots
*My Vidoes-->Surveillance
*I created a folder within Project manticore for homework and other things and called it "Familiars"

9. You spend so much time on DA Network and know so much you're made a forum moderator :mrgreen:

...to be continued
Last edited by Serenity on Sun 16. Sep 2007, 16:52, edited 1 time in total.
Sketchy: "At least Normal knows who he is."
O.C.: "A constipated, crusty, angry, rhythm-free, Republican white man?"
==================================================================
I'm going to be me, so it you can't stand me, sit down...If you can't face me turn around!
Serenity
Network Moderator

Next

Return to Offtopic