copyright filter @ youtube!!!

Everything :D !!!No posts will count!!

Moderator: Network Admins

Postby moonlitestar » Sun 3. Feb 2008, 05:50

Oh I know what you're talking about now, as my video got flagged as well. The only reason they allow the "Do nothing" option is because the person the music belongs to is OK with it being used on Youtube, that's why. If they were against it *cough* Fox *cough* then youtube would have removed the video already.

If it's your own stuff, then you have the right to complain to them and say it's yours.

see:

Material | Copyright Holder | Policy | Countries
Audio from | VANESSA CARLTON-PARADISE | UMG | Allow | Everywhere
moonlitestar
Manticore Squad Leader

Postby rantanplan » Sun 3. Feb 2008, 15:03

i think you can try that, saahm. Because the file will be different... .

Try, and in one way, we'll find a way to f*** the filter, in an other way, there is no changements... . So no problem for us :).

mls : so we need a DJ ? :).

bye!
rantanplan
X2

Postby moonlitestar » Wed 21. May 2008, 05:45

-grumbles-

they struck again and took down one of my other vids!!! bah :(
moonlitestar
Manticore Squad Leader

Postby hedghehog » Thu 22. May 2008, 20:23

again hahahaha oh your not laughing....sorry.Well keep it up they cant take them all down...or can they.
"We all have time machines.The ones that take us back are called memories and the ones that take us forward are called dreams."

hedghehog
Transhuman

Postby moonlitestar » Thu 22. May 2008, 20:54

lol they'd just delete my account! then I'd have to go through the pains of making a new one and reuploading ALL vids. :S
moonlitestar
Manticore Squad Leader

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Thu 22. May 2008, 22:04

wow... now thats a lot of hasle for dark angel... we do deserve a movie... just for these reasons
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby hedghehog » Fri 23. May 2008, 12:27

MLS MLS MLS MLS KEEP UP THE FIGHT(or dont whatever you wanna do LOL)
"We all have time machines.The ones that take us back are called memories and the ones that take us forward are called dreams."

hedghehog
Transhuman

Postby rantanplan » Sun 25. May 2008, 13:28

They can delete what they want, we can upload when we want ;).

A another way could be selected pictures of your vids, who illustrate her, and do a videos with only some pictures, and between this picture you give an personal url where you upload your vids... .
Like this, they will not delete them, and even if they do, they can't touch videos... .

bye!
rantanplan
X2

Postby moonlitestar » Sat 31. May 2008, 20:51

GAH!!! TWO MORE GONE! That's 3/4 vids that took down. :( 2 of them twice...haha...wonder why they haven't caught my first one...lol, funny that's the first I've posted and they have yet to take it down...

(watch, just as i post that, they'll take it down...)

ill have to figure out something...my vids - sniff - :(
moonlitestar
Manticore Squad Leader

Postby Max Guevara\X5 452 » Mon 2. Jun 2008, 08:51

Damn, and i was going to make a fan video :x
Max Guevara\X5 452
Manticore Soldier

Postby moonlitestar » Mon 2. Jun 2008, 19:47

-sniff- holds a funeral for youtube account.

youtube disabled my account -_-

guess I'll recreate a new one...but won't be posting dark angel stuff anymore...-sighs-

it seems a lot of dark angel vids have disappeared again...
moonlitestar
Manticore Squad Leader

Postby Walt210% » Tue 3. Jun 2008, 19:46

isn't it possible to apply a noise/blur filter to the videos so the youtube thing can't identify them but the watchers just have a light blur/noise in the picture

the mp3 thing is bad as well, but there are myriads of other formats: m4a, wma,ogg... and so on. Maybe other formats will do the trick (although I don't think changing the format will be the solution :( )

To bypass a filter it is important to know how the filter works (which settings of the video are compared)

If just the picture itself is compared a blur, a noise or maybe even a black frame around the video would bypass the filter

EDIT: 04.06.08 17:45

I have just tried a few things and I noticed that blur/noise looks even worse than reduced quality. I would try to change the color of the videos e.g. give it a blue/green/red tint.
In my oppinion it is better to give the video a tint because text can still be read. With blur/noise applied to the video it is very hard/impossible to read the text. (I tried it on the DAN theme)
This world may not know peace, but in my presence you will know quiet.
Augustin IV
Walt210%
Jam Pony Messenger

Postby moonlitestar » Thu 5. Jun 2008, 15:51

well, there was some discussion about how the filter worked earlier, and it had to do with comparing some coding sequence? to fox or something...:S not sure...

but I'm sure the fact that we announce the video is from dark angel doesn't help either...I'm bummed my account got deleted, but I'd rather be deleted/disabled than sued.

I guess I won't be taking anymore risks...as it's also annoying to post something only to get it deleted/removed. I don't like havin to repost something over and over...-sighs-
moonlitestar
Manticore Squad Leader

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Thu 5. Jun 2008, 16:05

you CAN uploaded them on other sites rather than youtube, like google video, metacafe, dailymotion, gofish, Tudou, Yahoo Videos, ect
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby moonlitestar » Tue 24. Jun 2008, 21:30

I could, haha, but that takes more effort...would have to open accounts on those sites, etc. maybe if i am really bored...

thus far, i created a new youtube account for uploading my animations (now that I actually have some to show...)
moonlitestar
Manticore Squad Leader

PreviousNext

Return to Offtopic