Tonight is The Night!!! (well maybe...lol)

Everything :D !!!No posts will count!!

Moderator: Network Admins

Tonight is The Night!!! (well maybe...lol)

Postby The High Place » Fri 13. Feb 2009, 04:05

Hi guys!! :D

Well, I suppose some of you are sleeping right now. It's 2:42 am here, but I am posting to tell you something I have wanted to say for a while lol!

First of all, I wanted to know if you had heard of the DA books, well I guess you did, so did some of you read them? I looked for a topic about them here but I didn't find, so if there's already one that I didn't notice I'm sorry for flooding... ^^

So as you may know, three Dark Angel books came out in 2002 and 2003, written by Max Allan Collins. They were called Before The Dawn, Skin Game and After The Dark (here's what Wikipedia says about it ---> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Angel_(TV_series)#Spinoffs ).
While Skin Game and After The Dark take place after the end of the series, Before The Dawn tells the story of Max between 2009 and 2019. It describes her life before coming to Seattle, when she lived in an adoptive family with a girl named Lucy and her abusive father (if you remember, Lucy is shown in the episode 3 of the season 1, "Flushed"), then it says she lived in Los Angeles where she belonged to a gang, and she met Original Cindy on her way to Seattle.

But from what I've read, these books are not liked at all by the DA fans. As the Wikipedia article I gave you says : "While based on the series, the books are not considered official canon within the Dark Angel universe." and I remember reading on a DA forum that MA Collins didn't even see the episodes before writing these books, that there were a lot of incoherences, contradictions with the show, and that the books were not recognized by James Cameron or Fox, etc...(I will try to find it and post a link).

That's why I wanted to know what those of you who read them think about them. They also came out in French and I actually bought them, but I only read Before The Dawn and Skin Game. And at the time I really thought Before The Dawn was a great information source. I guess I was wrong... :lol: And it's a shame!! Because if it had been an official book, we would know the date of the Manticore escape. According to the book, it was supposed to be on February 12th, 2009. I never forgot a sentence which said that while Max was escaping, she didn't know that Valentine's Day would take place two days later, or something like this... And what confirmed it to me is that, in one of the episodes, Max says they escaped in February. I can't find it now because it is 3:47 am and I'm starting to be really tired LOL, but I promise to find which episode it was tomorrow.

If I'm telling you this, it's because I am dreaming a little, having a Dark Angel paranoid moment you know, and, even if what the book says doesn't count, I love to imagine that right now in Gillette, Wyoming (where it is 7:50 pm) a bunch of X5 are running in a snowy forest!! xD So I just wanted to share it with you. It feels so strange because when I was watching the show in 2001, I was always thinking that 2009 was in a long time, and now, when I think that the escape from Manticore is supposed to be happening right now, that the DA story is supposed to begin tonight, I realize how time flies, because I feel like 2001 was yesterday...

Well, I'm sorry for this very very long post, like I said I will give you the missing links tomorrow, but I had always thought that on February 12th, 2009 I would tell you about it, just to celebrate the beginning of the DA story... :P
Ok I'm off to sleep, hope to talk to you tomorrow! :D
The High Place
Jam Pony Messenger

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Fri 13. Feb 2009, 12:40

First of all, I wanted to know if you had heard of the DA books, well I guess you did, so did some of you read them? I looked for a topic about them here but I didn't find, so if there's already one that I didn't notice I'm sorry for flooding...

There you go -> http://www.darkangel-network.com/viewforum.php?f=56
there are mine and the other's opinions on the link above
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby The High Place » Fri 13. Feb 2009, 14:40

My bad... Thank you!
The High Place
Jam Pony Messenger

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Fri 13. Feb 2009, 14:42

no problemo, the search funcion is helpful, but sometimes you have to search extra carefully. Now read it and comment on that topic not this one
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby Saahm23 » Fri 13. Feb 2009, 20:07

Welcome "The High Place" :D at first no problem for the long post rofl ^^ and i know exact what you mean with "I love to imagine that right now in Gillette, Wyoming (where it is 7:50 pm) a bunch of X5 are running in a snowy forest!!" It is a strange and really exciting feeling ^^

We have atm a lil disscussion about the Escape here. Your're also invited to post your comments about the books on the link which dean posted above :D so have fun
Saahm23
Network Admin

Postby hedghehog » Sat 14. Feb 2009, 16:17

We should go there those kids are now lost and scared they need help :nation: But if that guy wrote the books without watching episodes then I dont even wanna read them
"We all have time machines.The ones that take us back are called memories and the ones that take us forward are called dreams."

hedghehog
Transhuman

Postby rantanplan » Sat 14. Feb 2009, 21:35

high place, french friend, if you want read books for free, look at the french part of the forum, i've posted some link for download DA book in french version for free ;).

bye!
rantanplan
X2

Re: Tonight is The Night!!! (well maybe...lol)

Postby Allison Lightning » Tue 29. Sep 2009, 10:13

Too bad Dark Angel isn't real ( no pulse on June 1st)- otherwise I would have completely gone and rescued the X5 kids!!
" When you think you see me I'm not there because you left me behind"

An alternate ending for AJBAC, all because of one thing, Logan is captured by Manticore while Max got away. Inside of Manticore, struggling to hold onto his sanity, his identity, Logan has nowhere to hide. Will he survive to escape, or will Lydecker destroy him first?

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4530040/1/Damaged
Allison Lightning
Manticore Soldier

Return to Offtopic