DA RPG [Please read - NEW DA RPG LINK POSTED]

All things which do not fit into other areas.

Moderators: Serenity, Laura

DA RPG [Please read - NEW DA RPG LINK POSTED]

Postby moonlitestar » Mon 6. Aug 2007, 01:51

im not sure if this is discussed anywhere else...so

does anyone know of any active DA roleplays?

or

would anyone be interested in starting a dark angel roleplay?
Last edited by moonlitestar on Mon 17. Sep 2007, 04:03, edited 1 time in total.
moonlitestar
Manticore Squad Leader

Postby jondy09 » Mon 6. Aug 2007, 02:12

I'd be interested in starting, I don't knoe of any current ones.... Can someone explain how it works exactly... (as you can tell I wouldn't be the best person to ask about current roleplays)
NEW CHAPTER

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3763434/1/C ... he_Damned- AU 2009: After a failed escape attempt the remains of unit 12 are hauled off to Psy-ops each emerges as the 'perfect soldier'. It's about their struggle to regain their humanity after the horrors of Psy-ops...review! 3 chapters up!
jondy09
Psy-Ops

Postby moonlitestar » Mon 6. Aug 2007, 03:29

Well, a roleplay is similar to a round robin, except each person chooses a character(s) to write about. Basically, there's a setting and scenario. People choose a character and "become" them.

I was involved in a Manticore oriented a few years back. We were able to create our own x series character (heh, it was loads of fun). In some instances, our characters created chaos around manticore, haha.

Roleplays are generally hosted on forums. In one thread, people may create a character profile. Then in another thread, that's where the "game" is. Someone would start with their character: Alec was walking along the streets of seattle when a car showed up.

It's generally more detailed than thatl ol and less lame, but it was meant to be an example.

then someone else could reply with their character. they don't have to interact if they dont want to. perhaps someone is Max: Max is at logan's place eating dinner.

Or they could interact if they want to: White steps out of the car and points a gun at Alec.

Then alec would have to post and determine what to do next: Alec runs. Or Alec blurs to attack white. Or (you get the idea...)

There's usually the rule of no godmoding (or powerplaying), which means you can't post what another character does to bend things your way - for example, you cannnot have: Alec blurs and kills White. Or something like that since that would effectively eliminate a character. There's also generally a "no killing off another cahracter without the other person's permission" kind of rule.

most posts of a character are generally at least a paragraph long, if not longer. It's sort of like writinga story, but it's an interactive story.

I hope that kind of explained it some...I'm not sure I did that well in explaining it though. =/
moonlitestar
Manticore Squad Leader

Postby jondy09 » Mon 6. Aug 2007, 03:44

Sounds fun! I like the Manticore idea [I miss it :(]
NEW CHAPTER

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3763434/1/C ... he_Damned- AU 2009: After a failed escape attempt the remains of unit 12 are hauled off to Psy-ops each emerges as the 'perfect soldier'. It's about their struggle to regain their humanity after the horrors of Psy-ops...review! 3 chapters up!
jondy09
Psy-Ops

Postby moonlitestar » Mon 6. Aug 2007, 04:00

me too! haha. I think i created this troublesome X9 while another girl created this equally troublesome X5/6 (i forgot which series). We'd both cause trouble, lol. and this other rper "acted" as renfro lol. it was plenty of fun...haha. i missed those days...

I had an avatar/banner all for my character too...I wouldn't mind starting one, but it'd be difficult to recruit people to join. Roleplays generally take time and people tend to quit after joining, or just post less and less frequently until it all just...stops.
moonlitestar
Manticore Squad Leader

Postby hedghehog » Mon 6. Aug 2007, 11:19

"We all have time machines.The ones that take us back are called memories and the ones that take us forward are called dreams."

hedghehog
Transhuman

Postby moonlitestar » Mon 6. Aug 2007, 16:58

Hmm....that's interesting. Just finished reading through it. I've never played with a character point system though..

seems to make it a tad more complicated...
moonlitestar
Manticore Squad Leader

Postby hedghehog » Mon 6. Aug 2007, 18:24

just join we need 3 from all type of characters 8)
"We all have time machines.The ones that take us back are called memories and the ones that take us forward are called dreams."

hedghehog
Transhuman

Postby Serenity » Tue 7. Aug 2007, 01:15

I'm actually the moderator for the one at Jessica Alba Fanatics so if you have any questions about it, let me know. I'm still working the bugs out of the battle rules, but basically everything moonlitestar said is right.

Andif anyone's itnerested in joing that one and wants some other boards, let me know and I'll arrange it with deej ;)
Sketchy: "At least Normal knows who he is."
O.C.: "A constipated, crusty, angry, rhythm-free, Republican white man?"
==================================================================
I'm going to be me, so it you can't stand me, sit down...If you can't face me turn around!
Serenity
Network Moderator

Postby moonlitestar » Tue 7. Aug 2007, 01:53

heh, im sure you may guess i'd be interested in a manticore setting board...O:-)

but i have a few other questions - are there any ships?

i may sign up as lydecker. but im thinking about it still.
moonlitestar
Manticore Squad Leader

Postby jondy09 » Tue 7. Aug 2007, 02:45

*raises hand* Me too! Manticore is SO interesting :) I haven't checked out the links yet, Moonlitestar is there a Manticore board? (I'm not being as lazy as I sound, I promise, I will check them out) I like you avatar
NEW CHAPTER

jondy09
Psy-Ops

Postby moonlitestar » Tue 7. Aug 2007, 04:48

not specifically, which is why I suggested it, heh. For settings so far, there are cribs, places (around seattle), police hq, the bank (for money), and the conclave.

I'm kind of hesistant to join this RP though because I've never rped in this kind before where you have different "places". I'm used to one storyline that can change place but it exists in the same thread...so I"m not exactly sure how this would work...

I've seen these set ups before, but I never really took the time to understand them...
moonlitestar
Manticore Squad Leader

Postby jondy09 » Tue 7. Aug 2007, 16:28

We could still make our own....
NEW CHAPTER

jondy09
Psy-Ops

Postby moonlitestar » Tue 7. Aug 2007, 17:58

We could...I'm up for it if you are...
moonlitestar
Manticore Squad Leader

Postby jondy09 » Tue 7. Aug 2007, 18:03

*nods* I am; anyone want a Manticore rpg??
NEW CHAPTER

jondy09
Psy-Ops

Next

Return to General Things