What would the movie be like?

All things which do not fit into other areas.

Moderators: Serenity, Laura

Postby glows » Sat 21. Feb 2009, 07:47

Another thing - Max should meet up with the remaining "brother and sisters" from the '09 escape. They never really ended up all together at any point in the series.
glows
Sector Cop

Postby Allison Lightning » Sat 21. Feb 2009, 09:33

I don't think the books would be used... I have a strong feeling James Cameron has the entire movie planned out.

I think they would have the moral question for White in any movie- he is the epitome of what they never did fully with Alec- White was trained, raised by this cult but he seems to care about his son more.

I think that when there is a movie White's going to have to choose between his son and the Conclave.
" When you think you see me I'm not there because you left me behind"

An alternate ending for AJBAC, all because of one thing, Logan is captured by Manticore while Max got away. Inside of Manticore, struggling to hold onto his sanity, his identity, Logan has nowhere to hide. Will he survive to escape, or will Lydecker destroy him first?

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4530040/1/Damaged
Allison Lightning
Manticore Soldier

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Sat 21. Feb 2009, 14:26

OC, Sketch, Herbal

and normal are very important to dark angel, look what loosing herbal did to season 2. But we can do without Kendra.
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby darkjak » Tue 24. Feb 2009, 12:01

A rumour I've heard says that one reasone DA got cancelled was that Fox wanted Max to be with Alec and not Logan, something James Cameron refused. Fox wanted that because Fox were interrested in making a spinoff with Alec in the main role.

And that the Army would go in and kill mutants is hardly somethin Holywood would censor. In the end of S2 they do say that the National Guard and the police would surround Terminal City. It is clear that the government wants to get rid of the transgenics.

Like I said, I'm sick and tired of there being so many Star Trek freaks in the show. Although I wouldn't want to se them completely wiped out, I want their role to be strongly reduced. More focus on Max's "siblings", less on freak of the week.

From what I've heard, James Cameron had plans to make Max the chosen one. The conclave are the only ones whom are immune to a virus that is spread via a comet that passes by the earth every few thousand years. Max would develop a "virus" that would spread and infect all of humanity, and make everyone else immune too.
He also wanted to make Joshua a sort of guerilla leader.

This fits into the fact that Whites son was about to die, but then got healthy again when Max carried him out.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for the good to do nothing.
darkjak
Manticore Squad Leader

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Tue 24. Feb 2009, 12:07

Like I said, I'm sick and tired of there being so many Star Trek freaks in the show. Although I wouldn't want to se them completely wiped out, I want their role to be strongly reduced. More focus on Max's "siblings", less on freak of the week.

i agree but the freaks part is now too integral into the show so it would be preety hard to reduce their role now unless with something drastic like a whole wipe out by the army or something.

A rumour I've heard says that one reasone DA got cancelled was that Fox wanted Max to be with Alec and not Logan, something James Cameron refused. Fox wanted that because Fox were interrested in making a spinoff with Alec in the main role.

i admire that guy even more now... take that all you Max/Alec fan fic writers out there... Max/Logan forever!!!!! :rock: :yess:
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby Max Guevara\X5 452 » Sun 1. Mar 2009, 08:49

The movie obviously wouldn't be a continuation of the series,but probably a longer length version of the pilot :twisted:
Max Guevara\X5 452
Manticore Soldier

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Sun 1. Mar 2009, 17:04

why obviously? I think that way it would be doubble dippings... its already been done. it OBVIOUSLY would be a continuation of the series
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby darkjak » Sun 1. Mar 2009, 19:11

Max Guevara\X5 452 wrote:The movie obviously wouldn't be a continuation of the series,but probably a longer length version of the pilot :twisted:

I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case, a lot of potential viewers haven't seen the series, so some explenation of what's going on would be necessary.

But if that happens, I hope that would be the pilot for an animé version of Dark Angel.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for the good to do nothing.
darkjak
Manticore Squad Leader

Postby Saahm23 » Sun 1. Mar 2009, 20:22

Sounds good but only to show the people the story who don't know Dark Angel till now. After it they could bring the continuation. Maybe Dark Angel as a Trilogy :roll:
Saahm23
Network Admin

Postby glows » Fri 6. Mar 2009, 05:23

gtf_dean_fenech wrote:
OC, Sketch, Herbal

and normal are very important to dark angel, look what loosing herbal did to season 2. But we can do without Kendra.

Of course Normal too! I'm interested in seeing what happened to him. He was so opposed to all the Manticore stuff and he ended up helping them in the end however we never know what happens to him!

I will say I am a Max/Alec fan but even I don't think they belong together. I see them more on a friendship/brother/sister basis. Truly Max and Logan just have it. I'll admit that...

Now that I think about it, Max and Alec would be like Max and Zack and we all know how that worked out. :shock:
glows
Sector Cop

Postby Jay » Sun 12. Apr 2009, 10:10

well this is right from wiki
In June 2005, director Cameron was announced to be working on a project tentatively titled "Project 880" (now known to be Avatar) in parallel with another project, Battle Angel.[20] Both movies were to be shot in 3D. By December, Cameron stated that he wanted to film Battle Angel first, followed by Avatar. However in February 2006, he switched goals for the two film projects and decided to film Avatar first. He mentioned that if both films are successful, he would be interested in seeing a trilogy being made for both

maybe you're mixing things up.
Jay
Sector Cop

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Sun 12. Apr 2009, 23:41

Yeah, you sound right Jay... He would have said something about a DA movie... like why shouldn't he?
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby Allison Lightning » Tue 14. Apr 2009, 01:28

There were no divas like that in Dark Angel. The network brought in a character and tried to rewrite the series for him and Jessica and Michael fought to mantain what James Cameron wanted.

I think the movie will come and it will be unique, amazing. But it will have Jessica and Michael at the helm of it all. It will bring back Lydecker for some role and it will deal with the Committee at the same time.

I don't know why you are claiming something is happenening when it isn't. Just it's not funny.
" When you think you see me I'm not there because you left me behind"

An alternate ending for AJBAC, all because of one thing, Logan is captured by Manticore while Max got away. Inside of Manticore, struggling to hold onto his sanity, his identity, Logan has nowhere to hide. Will he survive to escape, or will Lydecker destroy him first?

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4530040/1/Damaged
Allison Lightning
Manticore Soldier

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Tue 14. Apr 2009, 15:09

I agree with Allison Lightning, the reason for DA's cancellation is known, weve discussed it many times here and this isn't the topic to discuss it.

And a movie without Jessica and Michael just isn't DA anymore, plus if something was happening, they would say so, there is no reason for not. There are SOOOOO many movie that don't go through or have to wait for a new cast or whatever.... Dragonball, The Hobbits, Halo, Green Hornet, Superman Live, ect... the list goes on and on and I don't know why Cameron would keep it a secret, thats just not his style.

Look i i wish it is true and we do get our movie, but this scenario has too much "if"s in it and sounds very fishy to me.
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby Saahm23 » Tue 14. Apr 2009, 19:09

Dtryd wrote:In fact I got some infos on a possible theatrical movie of Dark Angel , I cannot tell everything because of confidentiality clauses If in the next months they announce the film , then you will discover I was telling the truth , if not , I'll write everything I know .

At first welcome on board :wink:
Second, it's true this all sounds bit fishy like dean said. But also there is a chance for this all. We talked about the perfect time of this year to announce the making of a DA Movie 2009 ;) And we have on June 1 the Day of the Pulse. So we'll see what happens or not^^ Anyways sind the beginning of 2009 iam always in a excited mood.
Saahm23
Network Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Things