What would the movie be like?

All things which do not fit into other areas.

Moderators: Serenity, Laura

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Wed 16. Jul 2008, 10:52

first of all, next time use the edit function... don't double post, that goes against the rules buddie.

Nup,

I think if the movie has any chance of succeeding, it needs to be more like Season 1, that means as little freaks as possible.

It would make sense that Terminal City was raided and many transgenics were slaughtered, and that the only ones still alive today are some of the X's because they have been able to blend in.

thats would never happen... you're living in a dream world neo

I think it would be good if it was set a few years after the Terminal City incident, Max is living by herself in a crappy apartment as a waitress in some diner with the name "Marie" , she is depressed and feels responsible for the deaths of many transgenics. She has disconnected herself from anything related to Manticore for sometime now.

She has also not been in contact with Logan, and any others of her friends. Eyes only has not existed since Logan's apartment was destroyed.

While Max is pouring coffee for someone, an Eyes only bulletin comes on the TV screen in the Diner, and the coffe pot is smashed on the ground and Max is gone....

so lets point out some faults there. first of all eyesonly still went on even after the apartment was raided so eyesonly would never end. Second, Max changing her name and getting a new job? I don't think so. She didn't leave seattle after lydecker and amies caught her... she couldn't leave her "family". The whole thing about da is that max is lokking for her so called family and with out knowingit enitially she has already found one with logna, o.c., sketchy, ect... for a so called fan of season 1 you should have noticed that. Plus is sounds too cheesy and cliche, like a story that we've seen a lot of times before!!! (like that 5 year in the future episode of "heroes")

the thing is, dark angel like we know the 2nd season, without joshua and another "down stairs people", could it be again dark angel?
I'm not sure.
Little fella, big fella, sister, brother, cousins, and family, new responsabilities for max... . All this is a part of dark angel, since the second season, no ? (maybe i'm the one who think like this ?)

exactly... if we want to or not... they are part of the da universe... if you want to see a better season 2 that still has to do with down stairs people but is more like seoson 1 watch the fan edit we have on this forum.

think max would prefer die rather than notice the down stair people's death without fight for help them

plus re watch max's speach at the end of season 2, the one she tells the police man...
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby darkjak » Wed 16. Jul 2008, 11:47

gtf_dean_fenech wrote:so lets point out some faults there. first of all eyesonly still went on even after the apartment was raided so eyesonly would never end.

Actually no. Logan didn't have the equipment for the entire rest of the show. However, that it would take several years to get EO online again is unlikely.
Having the military go in to terminal city and killing a majority of all transgenics, mainly freaks would be positive from my point of view, although completely wiping out the freaks would just be wrong.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for the good to do nothing.
darkjak
Manticore Squad Leader

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Wed 16. Jul 2008, 11:49

Actually no. Logan didn't have the equipment for the entire rest of the show. However, that it would take several years to get EO online again is unlikely.

did thy actually say that? I don't remember?

Having the military go in to terminal city and killing a majority of all transgenics, mainly freaks would be positive from my point of view, although completely wiping out the freaks would just be wrong.

first of all it would be VERY wrong but am i the only one here that can see that they would NEVER do that in a movie?
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby rantanplan » Wed 16. Jul 2008, 13:09

Logan never give up his fight, "it' what he is", like he told to max. He has that in his blood... .
And max must stay max, in seattle, with her friends and family, for sure. "Where are we gonna go?" ... . She want live free, or die... .

And kill pretty all freaks means kill too some of x serie... . Max never let them die without help, and if max goes, logan goes, with alec, probably... . So they'll be exposed to a lot of risk... . Imagine they could survive and not the freak seems surealistic for me :).

Plus, if they decides to add some freak in the season 2, i think it's not for erradicate all them just after... . And without this freak, there would no terminal city. They 've been really useful, and i think scenarist were a plan for them... .

(Dean, no, we're 2 to be ok lol).

bye!
rantanplan
X2

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Wed 16. Jul 2008, 13:11

iagree with rantanplan
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby MichaelScofield » Thu 17. Jul 2008, 02:00

The Freaks are what contributed to the crappiness of the show and why it got cancelled. They need to be gone.
This is an streaming freedom bulletin video. This Internet Hack will last sixty seconds. It Can Not be Traced , It Can Not Be Stopped And it is the Only Free Voice In This Net.
MichaelScofield
Jam Pony Messenger

Postby rantanplan » Thu 17. Jul 2008, 04:36

the 2 main explanations about the cancelation of the show is a money problem and a political reason. :).

50% of the total DA story is about the freaks... . Maybe you had prefer the 1st season, like the majority of fans, but i think really it's impossible to forget all the freaks with a blow of brushes. Max tells she's proud to be a freak.. . She's feelling like them... . Logan has tell to mole everybody is human, him(logan) like him(mole), like all X series... . They are totally integrated to the show, in the story, and in the life of all main characters.

I even think joshua could become a character again more important : he's really strong, he could become one sort of "leader" for terminal city. He was the first trangenics, he's the bigger relation ship with max... . And i think we could be surprise by his intelligence : we must'nt forget he has spent all his time to read (mainly books' s sandeman, who was probably not stupid, so maybe interessed by good literrature). Maybe if there was a season 3, we would see him become more cultivate... .
He has already changed, when he pass to the "max's dependant big fella" at the big brother deciding himself to go to live in terminal city, for meet his "look alike", and always loan to accomodate another friends (like max), for protect them, for example.

bye!
rantanplan
X2

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Thu 17. Jul 2008, 11:34

They are totally integrated to the show, in the story, and in the life of all main characters.

thats why they can't be removed... they are part of the DA world and mythos. The only freaks that i would remove would be those that have wierd powers like mind control and predicting the future, but i would remove the others.

if they use joshua as they did in the final episode then it would be great
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby rantanplan » Thu 17. Jul 2008, 15:36

i had love when he fights against white. lol.
white was a little better than max in hand to hand fighting, but with joshua, he looked like a child, launched in all directions.

And more, it's mainly "thanks to" the freak like mole or joshua, with a non human apparences, that ordinaries people are so scared.. . I think if they all look like max and alec, there will be less problem for be integrated (even if of course, there is some "racism" against x series too, like we can see when a friend of alec, biggs be killed by some scared ordinaries).

bye!
rantanplan
X2

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Thu 17. Jul 2008, 15:42

I think if they all look like max and alec, there will be less problem for be integrated

yeah... the movie would be much less interesting. Plus the were a lot of reasons why the show got cancelled, (which we already said in many other topics, but i will repeat them for the sake of the new members) and it wasn't because of the freaks... The 9/11 attacks happened in between season 1 and season 2 of Dark Angel and season 2 was drastically change because of this event, which forced the show to downplay its post-apocalyptic setting. As the whole setting of the show is based on a terrorist attack on the US, the FOX tycoons felt that it hit too close to home. Jessica Alba is quoted in saying that she knows that one reason why the show was cancelled was "political". Another reason is due to budget costs and low ratings.The loss of ratings may be due to a misjudgment by FOX for airing the second season on Friday evenings instead of Tuesday evenings. In addition, changes to the format and tone of the series in the second year are cited as contributing factors to its demise. Many of these changes were due to budgetary concerns and departing actors. Initially, a third season appeared to be greenlit, but when Joss Whedon reworked his Firefly pilot, Fox chose Firefly for a Fall slot at the expense of Dark Angel.
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby rantanplan » Thu 17. Jul 2008, 15:52

i imagine the situation in terminal city like lidecker has explain what will happen in prodigy : the situation will become of worse into worse, and then it 'll ameliorate... . Without freaks, it'll missing a important part to this situation... .

bye!
rantanplan
X2

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Fri 18. Jul 2008, 00:46

i imagine the situation in terminal city like lidecker has explain what will happen in prodigy : the situation will become of worse into worse, and then it 'll ameliorate

ummm, don't understand
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby rantanplan » Fri 18. Jul 2008, 04:16

In prodigy, lydecker don't know he's with max, and he talk with her and kendra for make them more quiet. He tells them "the situation will becoming more and more harder for us, and later, this situation will be better and better".

I just thinking in terminal city, it will like that, first worst and worse, and after, better and better.... .

I don't know how explain more precisely. Do you understand ? If not, i'll search exact text for you... .

bye!
rantanplan
X2

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Fri 18. Jul 2008, 07:02

yes yes, i get it now.and you're right
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby glows » Sat 21. Feb 2009, 07:09

I strongly believe that the books' concepts would be used in the movie (if they ever make one) because they were part of the ideas to be used in season three (if there had been one).

I do think something dramatic will be done because it has to propel the characters forward, but it doesn't mean that Joshua would have to die. The thing with the movie, they would probably focus it on only a few characters opposed to a huge group of them so it'd most like focus on Max, Logan, and Alec. Let's face it, those three have become the face to Dark Angel and most fans like all three. I like Joshua loads too and I'd love to see his friendship with Max remain intact. Also, what about all Max's human friends? I want to see OC, Sketch, Herbal, Kendra...all them in it.

The storyline, I think will be set years after where they left the show off because it has been a large gap in time since then. I hope the movie could tie up loose ends on Lydecker, Sandeman, White's Breeding cult, and the virus. I know most of it is cleared in the books so that is where I think the books might be used in the script.

Who knows really other than Cameron? I hope he plans something good for the fans and I just wouldn't want to be disappointed. And it wouldn't work if all the actors weren't on board to participate. I know Jessica says she is so I wonder about Micheal, Jensen...they both work on television series which makes it hard to just go work on a film. Ergh...enough of my babble, I'm not saying anything that everone hasn't all ready suggested.
glows
Sector Cop

PreviousNext

Return to General Things