Dark Angel Spinoffs

All things which do not fit into other areas.

Moderators: Serenity, Laura

Dark Angel Spinoffs

Postby darkjak » Mon 19. May 2008, 15:55

I remember this topic from another DA forum I used to hang at, so I'll start one here. What spinoffs would you like to make?

Eyes Only Chronicles
The first episode takes place between a few days before the pulse and the day after. A few episodes later, the paciffic free press gets shut down, and Logan creates Eyes Only. You follow Logan as he in NCIS-like manner investigates corrupted politicians, murdered protesters and so on.
Basically a show that gives you a deeper insight of what happened after the pulse, who Logan is and so on. Plus there'll be some eventual side story with young Max, or another transgenic.
If the show reaches Season 10, the final episode will be when Max breaks in to Logans appartment.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for the good to do nothing.
darkjak
Manticore Squad Leader

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Mon 19. May 2008, 16:29

nice idea. It would give a furthur view on what happened the days after the pulse and so on
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby Saahm23 » Mon 19. May 2008, 22:08

i agree with that. I would def watch it ^^
And i would also like to see anything about Manticore and the Kids.
Saahm23
Network Admin

Postby rantanplan » Sun 25. May 2008, 12:48

yes, it could be a good idea.

But i think had heard here that in one of DA book, there is already something similar to that, no ? A story before the story that we know.

bye!
rantanplan
X2

Postby darkjak » Tue 27. May 2008, 20:39

rantanplan wrote:yes, it could be a good idea.

But i think had heard here that in one of DA book, there is already something similar to that, no ? A story before the story that we know.

bye!

I have the books, and they are crammed full of plotholes. I read the foreword, and there the author wrote that he got advice from a fan. It doesen't seem like he'd even seen the entire shot. When I ordered the Eyes Only Dossier, I thought it was something like I wrote before, but it turned out to be a crappy clipbook with yet more plotholes and clichés (the X5R-series... YEUGH).

Does noone have any spinoff ideas here? On another forum I used to hang at (if I recall correctly, Saahm used to hang there too, which is how I got to know him and came here), there was a really long thread about this. LOTS of members loved the idea of a "Dark Alec" spinoff.
darkjak
Manticore Squad Leader

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Tue 27. May 2008, 22:17

"Dark Alec" spinoff???
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby darkjak » Wed 28. May 2008, 09:05

Yeah, the people at that forum were weird. And female.
:laugh:

They loved Alec, so they wanted him to have an own show. And preferrably Logan should die, and Max should either die too, or get a reduced role to "Alecs girlfriend".
darkjak
Manticore Squad Leader

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Wed 28. May 2008, 13:28

that sucks... I hate all those Max/Alec fanfics... Alec and Max relationship would never work, Max and Logan were too good for each other. But the young Logan show entrigues me. If they would do a spin off the logical choises would be either about another X5 from the escape, in another city, like about Jondy, where other x5s could make cameo appearances like for example Zack. Or a show about a freak, for example. Also another idea for a good show would be life inside of Manticore. An idea i had when you mention this topics was a teenager Drama Sci-Fi show called "The Tribe" ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0274988/ ) Its about when all the adults are killed off by a virus and now only kids remain, and the story concers 1 city where all the kids group together in tribes for survival. And life is kind of prehistoric like... living in shopping malls ect... after the show ended after 5 seasons, they made a spin off show concerning small kid tribes living in the country (instead of the city like the tribe did). This could be a good idea about the "inside maticore" spinoff, concerning the young x5s and the series ends with their escape in 09.
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby moonlitestar » Sat 31. May 2008, 20:53

spinoff about manticore is the first idea that comes to my mind! i'd like an inside look of manticore...haha

and any time period of manticore would be interesting...whether it be before or after the escape...
moonlitestar
Manticore Squad Leader

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Sat 31. May 2008, 20:56

spinoff about manticore is the first idea that comes to my mind! i'd like an inside look of manticore...haha

and any time period of manticore would be interesting...whether it be before or after the escape...

thats what i thought, but after the escape would be kinda boring compared to before... because before you'll see the kids starting to get up the courage to actually escape, the making the plans, ect... its building up to a great climax.

thats a good idea for a series... i might do it. In comic book version but not as a cartoon... damn that would be long
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby darkjak » Wed 4. Jun 2008, 00:55

That's kewl. I'd really want to se a DA anime. DA's just made for the format.
darkjak
Manticore Squad Leader

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Wed 4. Jun 2008, 00:57

DA's just made for the format.

camaron has very "japanese" ideas

well my cartoon IS a da anime of sorts, actually da being continued in a cartoon form wouldn't put me off at all, like a cartoon version of da but with the actual actor's voices
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby ashleyfox-X5452 » Wed 4. Jun 2008, 02:27

I think that it would be cool if they started out with manticore. Then they show how they were making the soldiers and the experiments. They could show what went wrong with some and what the others were m,ade for. Then they get to the X5's and then Max and the other X5's come along. The storyline goes around the training and what the kids were doing and thinking. The breakout. The splitup.(Never shown just talkied about). Then comes Dark Angel Seasons 1+2. Then seasons 3-5. 3 answers some questions left behind by season 3 and how people start to get along and then 4 could be about what happened to all the X5's. Then season 5 could be about something else, i just don't know. Also, what happened to LYDECKER? They said that he crashed, but never found a body. What the heck. And what about WHITE. He doesn't just give up.

Well, thats my version. Hope you like it. Sorry if you don't.

Meant to put "left behind by season 2"
ashleyfox-X5452
Jam Pony Messenger

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Wed 4. Jun 2008, 13:50

well other seasons (as the format of the previous seasons) for sure isn't possible... only movies are in the possible future
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby darkjak » Wed 4. Jun 2008, 16:47

gtf_dean_fenech wrote:well other seasons (as the format of the previous seasons) for sure isn't possible... only movies are in the possible future

Well, a cartoon series is fully possible, although I more meant japanese-like mangas. In other words, a comic book.

If you have a comic book, you can have several stories in every issue, like one series that's like the show, another that purelly follows Lydecker, and another about what happened at Manticore.

I know what fun and interresting situations that can appear in a regular platoon, and when talking about transgenic supersoldiers being raised by tha army, then there would be loads of interresting situations to show.
darkjak
Manticore Squad Leader

Next

Return to General Things