Jessica Alba (Max Guevara)

All about the actors in Dark Angel

Moderators: Serenity, Laura

Postby Saahm23 » Sun 22. Feb 2009, 23:20

JESSICA ALBA on taking fewer blockbuster roles

"I always thought bigger movies could be a more enriching experience, and that was really stupid of me. When the budget is over a certain amount, it has to be a certain kind of movie. I always gave 100 per cent, 200 per cent, but it always fell short."

Source: contactmusic.com
Saahm23
Network Admin

Postby Jay » Sun 22. Feb 2009, 23:46

So what does that mean, is she admitting her acting is not good enough for blockbusters?
Jay
Sector Cop

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Mon 23. Feb 2009, 00:05

no, probably that even good acting can't help a bad movie and all the money in the world can't make a bad movie into a good movie
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby Jay » Mon 23. Feb 2009, 00:11

yeah that makes a lot more sense.
Jay
Sector Cop

Postby Saahm23 » Sat 28. Feb 2009, 00:36

Jessica brings her daughter along the shops

Jessica Alba brought Honor along yesterday for a trip to the children's store Bel Bambini. The mother-daughter duo has been enjoying downtime in California, but soon Jessica will be back to work when she begins filming The Killer Inside Me with Kate Hudson and Casey Affleck. For now, though, the girls can look forward to another weekend of fun family times in LA.

Source: popsugar.com

Cool, finally they're starting to film this movie 8)
Saahm23
Network Admin

Postby Saahm23 » Wed 11. Mar 2009, 00:14

Fantastic Four is Getting the Boot...a Reboot that is

IESB's has heard word around town is Fantastic Four over at 20th Century Fox is gearing up for a reboot.

With Daredevil already getting the once over and Planet of the Apes also in the running for a new start with a prequel in the works Fantastic Four is joining the reboot gang.

The two films previously released never really caught on with the fans and the studio is reportedly looking to completely retool, recast and recrew the franchise. This means no Tim Story, no Iaon, no Julian (thank the maker, he never sat well with me as Dr. Doom), no Chris, no Chiklis and no Jessica.

The first Fantastic Four in 2005 pulled in over $330 million worldwide and the second film, Fantastic Four Rise of the Silver Surfer, opened in 2007 with a total box office take of $290 million. Both made money and were commercial successes but the reviews were lackluster and the fan reaction was mediocre.

The franchise is looking to be "less bubble gum" this time round following the Iron Man template, which was a complete success in reviews and box office take but a bit darker when it came to its superhero. Iron Man was in no way as dark as The Dark Knight but was funny, action-y as well as a bit on the serious side.

Now who do you want as Mr. Fantastic this time out? Which director would be the best choice to bring this story to the screen once again?

Source: iesb.net
Saahm23
Network Admin

Postby Jay » Wed 11. Mar 2009, 08:37

No Jessica, I can see this as a good thing since I hate superhero movies and wont have to sit through it just to see how Jessica is getting on with her acting. :P

Oh yeah and more time to do a new season of Dark Angel :nation:
Jay
Sector Cop

Postby Max Guevara\X5 452 » Thu 12. Mar 2009, 07:32

It would be great if we could see Jess once again on the small screen for a change :wink:
Max Guevara\X5 452
Manticore Soldier

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Thu 12. Mar 2009, 15:11

a return to the silver screan does look promising, but personally i still presfer the idea of a movie :dunno:
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby Allison Lightning » Sat 14. Mar 2009, 10:16

I would love her return to silver screen to be Dark Angel- now she is a bigger name maybe it would tempt FOX no?

It would sure make me happy.
" When you think you see me I'm not there because you left me behind"

An alternate ending for AJBAC, all because of one thing, Logan is captured by Manticore while Max got away. Inside of Manticore, struggling to hold onto his sanity, his identity, Logan has nowhere to hide. Will he survive to escape, or will Lydecker destroy him first?

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4530040/1/Damaged
Allison Lightning
Manticore Soldier

Postby Saahm23 » Mon 16. Mar 2009, 08:46

Could Sin City 2 Go Into Production This Year?

It seems a highly-anticipated sequel could finally get started this year. MTV Splash Page recently caught up with Rosario Dawson, who played Gail in Sin City and had some intriguing details on Sin City 2, namely that filming could happen this year.

"Yeah, I talked to Robert [Rodriguez] and Frank [Miller]," Dawson said. "They actually just finished the script for Sin City 2 a few months ago." She then added, "Hopefully that will happen. There's talks about it shooting sometime this year."

It was also noted that such stars that were killed off in the first film, like Clive Owen's Dwight, Brittany Murphy's Shellie, Jessica Alba's Nancy, Michael Clarke Duncan's Manute and Dawson's Gail would possibly return for the sequel.

Source: movieweb.com
Saahm23
Network Admin

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Tue 14. Apr 2009, 19:23

She's back to Blond :(

Jessica visits her hair dresser HQs - Apr 13, 09

gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby Allison Lightning » Wed 15. Apr 2009, 01:03

She's prettier as brunette- but at least she doesn't try and wear contacts like they made her for the second silver surfer movie- she played a better Sue Storm than the idiot who was meant to be playing Mr. Fanatastic ( the writing didn't help that movie). And I've actually read the comics.

She just looked funny and that was the problem. No matter what they could never make her look how Sue Storm was supposed to be- it had nothing to do with acting ability.
" When you think you see me I'm not there because you left me behind"

An alternate ending for AJBAC, all because of one thing, Logan is captured by Manticore while Max got away. Inside of Manticore, struggling to hold onto his sanity, his identity, Logan has nowhere to hide. Will he survive to escape, or will Lydecker destroy him first?

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4530040/1/Damaged
Allison Lightning
Manticore Soldier

Postby Saahm23 » Tue 28. Apr 2009, 11:07

I guess her hair colour is changing because of the movies they're shooting at the moment. But it's not so bad like these totally blond some years ago.
Saahm23
Network Admin

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Tue 28. Apr 2009, 15:18

you're right, but she still looks much better naturally. What movie is she doing?
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Actors