The great debate: season one VS. season two.

Here you can talk about the Dark Angel Episodes

Moderators: Serenity, Laura

The great debate: season one VS. season two.

Postby Chrisisall » Fri 24. Aug 2007, 21:16

To me, the seasons differ mainly in that it seems 1 is more rooted in 'realty' (whatever that means...), and 2 steers more towards a science-fiction-y-ness.
In the first season, the big bad is the Manticore agency and Lydecker in particular- no super-powered dudes ('cept for the Reds), then in the second, we get the super-strong White, the secret snake cult, the Phalanx, etc.
The first season was like a mystery that drew you in; the second was sci-fi action...sort of like the difference between Alien and Aliens.

But both are great (inspite of eps like Love In Vein, heh heh)

IMO, the best thing season two could have done was keep really strange 'nomalies down to a minimum, and amp up the 'White connection to peeps high in Government' thing. Not a major change, just a slightly different focus.

And more Lydecker Chrisisall :wink:
Last edited by Chrisisall on Fri 24. Aug 2007, 21:33, edited 1 time in total.
Chrisisall
Manticore Soldier

Postby Saahm23 » Fri 24. Aug 2007, 21:22

Jep i would like to see more Lydecker ^^ The bad guy from the old guard *g* And you got right, i agree. Both season are really different in her style. And each is great. Season 1 for her Dark Mystery thing and Season 2 for her freaky like ;) i dont would change any on it, or maybe this point you spoke about. But that's all
Saahm23
Network Admin

Postby jondy09 » Fri 24. Aug 2007, 22:10

I wish they'd kept on the same track... keep Manticore still around and keep searching for the other 09ers... Lydecker could've still been around to help search for the others since I'm sure he knew a little about what each one had been up to. And Max could've been broken and brought back to reality on a misson or something... they were planning on breaking her but they didn't have the time. Manticore didn't really have to burn down because Zack was back at the Seattle base and he got out and Manticore didn't get destroyed... Max would've known where Manticore was, at least the general area...
NEW CHAPTER

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3763434/1/C ... he_Damned- AU 2009: After a failed escape attempt the remains of unit 12 are hauled off to Psy-ops each emerges as the 'perfect soldier'. It's about their struggle to regain their humanity after the horrors of Psy-ops...review! 3 chapters up!
jondy09
Psy-Ops

Postby hedghehog » Sat 25. Aug 2007, 13:43

season 1 without a doubt.Like it when its bit mysterious,and everything is more innocent in the start
"We all have time machines.The ones that take us back are called memories and the ones that take us forward are called dreams."

hedghehog
Transhuman

Postby moonlitestar » Sat 25. Aug 2007, 16:15

oy this time zone diff is annoying. everyone posts when I'm sleeping. :( Anyway, I agree. The seasons are completely different, and have a completely different focus. season 1 does have more innocence, and I really wish they hadn't really changed the focus of the show. the sci-fi ness in season 2 kinda threw me off, but I still loved DA nevertheless.

I just really liked Lydecker as a villain and Manticore, and her siblings and...basically the storyline that was Season 1. SEason 2 just got weird. :P
moonlitestar
Manticore Squad Leader

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Sat 25. Aug 2007, 17:26

1 is more rooted in 'realty'

for me season 1 is the best, in season 2 people started to loose interess because some episodes where TOO si fi, like the mind control ones. And with all due fairness, i'm a Season 1 Max fan too, you can tell from my art in deviant art :)
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby Chrisisall » Wed 29. Aug 2007, 19:10

moonlitestar wrote:the sci-fi ness in season 2 kinda threw me off, but I still loved DA nevertheless.

Once I went through season 2 and only watched the shows I felt had a 'season 1 feel' to them...they were:
Designate This
Bag 'Em
Some Assembly Required
Berrisford Agenda
Harbor Lights
She Ain't Heavy
Freak Nation

But I only did that once; almost EVERY show has some great stuff in it.

Selective Chrisisall
They used to say one nuclear bomb can ruin your whole day...
Chrisisall
Manticore Soldier

Postby jondy09 » Wed 29. Aug 2007, 20:41

Out of S 2, Bag em and Designate this are my favs because of Manticore and FN is great too
Last edited by jondy09 on Thu 30. Aug 2007, 00:50, edited 1 time in total.
NEW CHAPTER

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3763434/1/C ... he_Damned- AU 2009: After a failed escape attempt the remains of unit 12 are hauled off to Psy-ops each emerges as the 'perfect soldier'. It's about their struggle to regain their humanity after the horrors of Psy-ops...review! 3 chapters up!
jondy09
Psy-Ops

Postby moonlitestar » Wed 29. Aug 2007, 23:40

i agree with jondy there.
moonlitestar
Manticore Squad Leader

Postby Chrisisall » Fri 31. Aug 2007, 22:23

The other thing is that season one was very focused on Max, and the second attempted to make it a slightly more ensemble thing, what with Alec and Joshua being such prevalent characters...I preferred it 'smaller', if you take my meaning.

Tiny Chrisisall :freak:
Chrisisall
Manticore Soldier

Postby ddd » Sun 2. Sep 2007, 15:28

i liked season 1 more. as peeps already said season to went a very diff way but i still enjoyed it so its cool. but i really thought they would bring lydecker back some time in season 2 .__. i was waiting for it but never happened ;__;.
ddd
Sector Cop

Postby jondy09 » Sun 2. Sep 2007, 20:14

I think Lydecker should've come back too... and a lot of people didn't like S2 but in its own way it was good
NEW CHAPTER

jondy09
Psy-Ops

Postby Chrisisall » Sun 2. Sep 2007, 20:24

*sigh* season 3 would've been awesome....

Wishful Chrisisall
Chrisisall
Manticore Soldier

Postby rantanplan » Mon 3. Sep 2007, 00:24

mm we hope again a movie, chrisisall ;).

it's our reason to be ;).

for me, i have no preference : season 1 was great for me because it do the presentation of characters, and them universe, we learn about anybody's life.
season 2 was great to because we know already the story, so we can see more of there story.
(and basically, i can say season 1 was great because we discover DA, and season 2 because it "close" the show lol).

bye!
rantanplan
X2

Postby Chrisisall » Mon 3. Sep 2007, 00:30

rantanplan wrote: season 1 was great because we discover DA, and season 2 because it "close" the show lol.

I agree.
Il es tres beau.
Like Serenity, love keeps it in the air when it ought to fall down.

High School French-speakin' Chrisisall :roll:
Chrisisall
Manticore Soldier

Next

Return to The Episodes