The great debate: season one VS. season two.

Here you can talk about the Dark Angel Episodes

Moderators: Serenity, Laura

Postby rantanplan » Sun 23. Sep 2007, 20:03

maybe sandman aim was to win against the cult, but for me lydecker, one of father of this project, want really create super soldier. (after that, we can imagine all thing, like lydecker can be manipulate by sandman, for push him to do transgenic experiment for super soldier, for find a way to destruct the cult..... .).

lol jondy : if all this was a hallucination, it's not need to be breeding partnair, because database dna has not be destruct.

but i don't thnink it's possible to see a suit which explain all a season was an allucination : they must make us dream, and this would mean that durong a total season, there is no real story to tell.

bye!
rantanplan
X2

Postby SW-DA 34 » Sun 16. Dec 2007, 21:33

I definetly prefer season 1. It had a much better tone and was more watchable then season 2 was. I am as big a sci fi fan as anyone, but season 2 tried to be goofy sci fi...I dont know if I can explain it properly, but almost as if the writers were mocking the show and what they were writing at times.
I also feel a strong part of the show in season 1 was the Max/Logan relationship. Season 2 focused on putting distance between Max and Logan and I think because of it, got away from a strong part of the show. I do however like the overall idea for season 2...just not the above mentioned parts. I think Alec was a good character and I think his evolution into a decent person as shown toward the end of season 2 and in virtual season 3 was great.
The only episode from season 2 I would consider to be great was "Harbor Lights." When I watched it, it felt like I was watching a season 1 episode.
SW-DA 34
Jam Pony Messenger

Postby hedghehog » Sun 16. Dec 2007, 21:48

You touch me right in the heart bro I totally agree :thumbup:
"We all have time machines.The ones that take us back are called memories and the ones that take us forward are called dreams."

hedghehog
Transhuman

Postby Chrisisall » Sun 16. Dec 2007, 22:18

SW-DA 34 wrote:The only episode from season 2 I would consider to be great was "Harbor Lights." When I watched it, it felt like I was watching a season 1 episode.
Oh, I think a few were like that...She Ain't Heavy...Some Assembly Required...even Freak Nation...Harbor Lights was definitely one of my favourites, though!
Damn...now that I'm thinkin' about it- time for another marathon!
It goes like this: Dark Angel> Buffy> Firefly> Dark Angel>....

Transgenic Browncoat Slayerisall
They used to say one nuclear bomb can ruin your whole day...
Chrisisall
Manticore Soldier

Postby SW-DA 34 » Mon 17. Dec 2007, 02:34

I re-watched Freak Nation today. I do agree that this episode is one of the better that season 2 has to offer, but again, that is not saying much. I guess what I'm saying is season 2 had many, many, many holes and flaws to it. Maybe after I have watched season 2 a few times (I've seen most of the episodes twice now) I'll come to appreciate it more. I'll have to see.
SW-DA 34
Jam Pony Messenger

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Mon 17. Dec 2007, 12:58

i think Freak Nation is one of the best from the whole seasons, and i not a fan of season 2 at all
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby Chrisisall » Mon 17. Dec 2007, 15:45

SW-DA 34 wrote:I re-watched Freak Nation today. I do agree that this episode is one of the better that season 2 has to offer, but again, that is not saying much. I guess what I'm saying is season 2 had many, many, many holes and flaws to it. Maybe after I have watched season 2 a few times (I've seen most of the episodes twice now) I'll come to appreciate it more. I'll have to see.
Season one was pure, distilled perfection. My love of the first season lets me focus on what vestiges remain in the second, and Max & Logan carry me through it. The idea of the 'nomolies is not inherently bad to me, I just feel they focused on it too much to get away from the dystopic thing as it related to the terrorist 'pulse' in the immediate post 9-11 real world atmosphere.
I really love Freak Nation, though, and the hand-holding at the end is a great note to go out on IMO :nation:

Little fellaisall
They used to say one nuclear bomb can ruin your whole day...
Chrisisall
Manticore Soldier

Postby jondy09 » Wed 19. Dec 2007, 22:08

thing is came out of nowhere... Logan had just found out she wasn't really with Alec
NEW CHAPTER

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3763434/1/C ... he_Damned- AU 2009: After a failed escape attempt the remains of unit 12 are hauled off to Psy-ops each emerges as the 'perfect soldier'. It's about their struggle to regain their humanity after the horrors of Psy-ops...review! 3 chapters up!
jondy09
Psy-Ops

Postby SW-DA 34 » Fri 21. Dec 2007, 03:36

Did Logan find out that Max and Alec werent together in Freak Nation? I dont remember that part.
SW-DA 34
Jam Pony Messenger

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Fri 21. Dec 2007, 15:10

yeap, he did... hance all the hand holding in the end
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby Prue » Fri 18. Jan 2008, 22:19

So were did Lydecker go in seasong 2 ?
I know that I saw him in some eps, but after I saw the season I started to wonder.
And a other thing, is that just me who think that max looks more skinny in season 2.

I agree like others had said, that the Freak Nation is the beat ep for me
from seasong two.
But I also like Alex when he come in ep 1.
He's cute and so annoying at same time. But for me it make him more adorable.
Prue
Jam Pony Messenger

Postby hedghehog » Fri 18. Jan 2008, 22:35

Lydecker is suspected to be dead,since his SUV was found in the sea but no body so he is 100% alive i just know that :nation:
And yes Max has lost some weight in season 2 she lost those fine curves :( that one of things i dont like in season 2,she needs those curves :D
"We all have time machines.The ones that take us back are called memories and the ones that take us forward are called dreams."

hedghehog
Transhuman

Postby Max Guevara\X5 452 » Sat 19. Jan 2008, 07:47

one of the reasons why Season 1 was better than season 2:Max had beautiful curly hair :thumbup: and i think it really suited her more than straight hair,it made her look real Gorgeous lol
Max Guevara\X5 452
Manticore Soldier

Postby WINGZERO » Sat 19. Jan 2008, 08:04

Max Guevara\X5 452 wrote:one of the reasons why Season 1 was better than season 2:Max had beautiful curly hair :thumbup: and i think it really suited her more than straight hair,it made her look real Gorgeous lol

Yea, that's right. I really missed that in season 2 ^^.
WINGZERO
Sector Cop

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Sat 19. Jan 2008, 19:02

everybody does... we had this discussion already.
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Episodes