I guess I should say hi!

Let us know who you are and where are you from / Hier könnt ihr euch vorstellen und uns was über euch erzählen

Moderator: Network Admins

I guess I should say hi!

Postby bootzilla » Thu 5. Jun 2008, 05:11

I've been so rude - I jumped right in to some of the discussions on the board, without ever officially saying hi to everyone...so that is what I am doing now :prost:

Seems like I might be a little unique in the sense that I remember DA when it was first out - the first season, at least. I was working for a website back then, and we would always have DA on in the background on Tuesday nights...although admittedly, we weren't paying much attention - we just had it on because, well - Jessica Alba, what else can I say?

I had pretty much forgotten about the show, but thanks to Sci-Fi for playing the first five episodes in a row awhile back - I stumbled across it, and this time I sat down and watched it for real - and what can I say - instantly hooked!

Now I'm watching season one with my girlfriend (she's hooked now, too), and I just ordered season two - which I have never seen, so it is going to be a lot of fun seeing it for the first time (so nobody give it away!!).

Good to see that there is still a site and a forum that is still active - thanks! Oh, and I did participate in Barcode day last month - hopefully all the letters, along with the recent interview where Jessica said she was willing to play Max again, means we will get something...even if it is just a movie.

There we go!
bootzilla
Jam Pony Messenger

Postby Max Guevara\X5 452 » Thu 5. Jun 2008, 06:48

Welcome on board to DA network bootzilla :D lol we're all hooked to Dark Angel :lol:
Max Guevara\X5 452
Manticore Soldier

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Thu 5. Jun 2008, 11:08

WELCOME ABOARD.... DA is contagious... hope that season 2 doesn't let you down (cause it might probably will)
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby Walt210% » Thu 5. Jun 2008, 18:26

welcome, have fun, I hope you enjoy the community
This world may not know peace, but in my presence you will know quiet.
Augustin IV
Walt210%
Jam Pony Messenger

Postby hedghehog » Fri 6. Jun 2008, 12:20

Another Original fan.Welcome
"We all have time machines.The ones that take us back are called memories and the ones that take us forward are called dreams."

hedghehog
Transhuman

Postby Laura » Fri 6. Jun 2008, 13:59

Welcome among us :D

They designed her to be the perfect soldier, a human weapon, than she escaped. In a future not far from now, in a broken world, she is haunted by her past. She cannot run, she must fight to discover her destiny.
Laura
Network Moderator

Postby bootzilla » Tue 17. Jun 2008, 06:15

gtf_dean_fenech wrote:WELCOME ABOARD.... DA is contagious... hope that season 2 doesn't let you down (cause it might probably will)

Oh, man - watching season 2 now - tell me it gets better!!! Actually it is getting better than my initial impression.

We are 8 episodes in at this point. First one was really good - of course it was tying up the cliffhanger from season one...then we both agreed it totally dropped off after that...until Zack came back in "Some Assembly Required". After that it has been a little bit better, but it is not season one.

It is really interesting to see the differences between the first and second seasons - I can understand the different direction in Season 2 with 9/11 and everything, but everything seemed so hectic at the beginning of the season that the writing was a lot more superficial.

The two things that stick out in our mind the most so far in Season 2 - Joshua is like the Jar Jar Binks of the show, and thank goodness they added Alec - he kept us going until the plot started to get interesting again.

We are both still excited about watching a few episodes on the 70" screen each night, but I can't wait to go back and watch season 1 again after we are done.

The good news, though, is that the storylines are starting to get more interesting 8 episodes in - hopefully that will continue!

If we could only get a movie to bring everything back around!
bootzilla
Jam Pony Messenger

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Tue 17. Jun 2008, 11:42

After that it has been a little bit better, but it is not season one.

yeap... we've got heeps of topics on that

Joshua is like the Jar Jar Binks

i think thats very unfair to compair the quality of character of Joshua to jar jar.
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby bootzilla » Wed 18. Jun 2008, 05:19

gtf_dean_fenech wrote:i think thats very unfair to compair the quality of character of Joshua to jar jar.

You're right - I overreacted on that one - they actually wrote in some interesting stuff for him - "Two" was really good, and we just watched "Medium is the Message" last night, and that was another good Joshua episode...and we were actually laughing at the dinner party and some of his other antics - so I guess with the darker tone of season 2 so far, he ends up balancing things out some.

I will say, though, it is starting to get going - Berrisford Agenda and Borrowed Time were two great back-to-back episodes we just got done watching...
bootzilla
Jam Pony Messenger

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Wed 18. Jun 2008, 21:04

well joshua is depicted best in the last episode. Watch the whole season and then read and comment on our topic called season 1 vs season 2 and there's some more season 2 related episodes.
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby bootzilla » Tue 24. Jun 2008, 05:07

You're right - I should have known, they way the writers developed the other characters, that they would do the same with Joshua, and they definitely did.

We just got done watching the season 2 finale...very good episode - they certainly kept the intensity up the entire time, but the whole time, I am sitting there knowing that there were questions that wouldn't be answered - you get a tidbit here and there, but as you all know - you just wind up wanting more. Grrr.... I hate FOX!
bootzilla
Jam Pony Messenger

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Tue 24. Jun 2008, 13:40

We just got done watching the season 2 finale...very good episode - they certainly kept the intensity up the entire time, but the whole time, I am sitting there knowing that there were questions that wouldn't be answered - you get a tidbit here and there, but as you all know - you just wind up wanting more. Grrr.... I hate FOX

thats why were all here brother
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby rantanplan » Sat 5. Jul 2008, 04:44

welcome here!!

and you're right to hope a continuation... . We all have been surprising when we have see this interview... . After so years.... why not! :).

bye!
rantanplan
X2

Postby Saahm23 » Sun 20. Jul 2008, 01:01

Welcome on board bootzilla :D yeah yeah i know iam late ^^
Saahm23
Network Admin

Postby 331845739494 » Sun 20. Jul 2008, 06:11

You're late? I must be crazy. How did I miss this?

Hello there, Bootzilla! :P Nice to meet you, and welcome to the board. I hope that you have fun here.

:nation:
[center]`Freak Nation
Image[/center]
Informant

Next

Return to Introduce yourself / User stellen sich vor