Day of the pulse campaign

Here you can talk about all Protest Campaigns

Moderators: Serenity, Laura

Day of the pulse campaign

Postby darkjak » Sun 22. Jul 2007, 12:39

In the brainstorming thread I presented the idea of campaigning on the day of the pulse, which was accepted with a fair bit of enthusiasm.

JUNE 1st 2009! 12.05pm

So now I've made an official thread on the matter. Share your ideas on what to do that day.

I have an idea: someone collects all signatures, rides on bike to the FOX building, wearing a Jam Pony cap, He walks up to the main desk, claiming he has a package for whoever is in charge, and asks for a signature. This way the one in charge HAS to accept the package in person.
Also there was my idea for a "hack", and painting eyes only all over the place, making it trendy (kinda like ur base are all belong to us, or SPARTAAAA!!!), whichll perhaps get us on the news.

This campaign will be handled in several steps.

Step 1: EYES ONLY
We make an Eyes Only video. Start posting it on all kinds of forums. Basically we spam down the entire internet. We show it to our friends, and ask them to do variations.

Step 2: Broken world
Everyone remembers the graffitied surroundings in DA, right? Well, one step in getting the PR up for this is if we all would start spraying DA grafitti all over the place. Some spray Eyes Only, some spray Manticore symbols, and others spray messages, like: June 1 2009, the Pulse is coming, darkangel-network.com, 06012009, the genetically superior are among us.

Step 3:Official homepage
All serious campaigns need an official homepage, or at least section of a homepage. If any of the DAN webmasters want to

Step 4: Informant net
The probbably most stupid part of the campaign. A few people call themselves informants, and make hacks where they snitch at local corrupt cops or whatever, and upload it to youtube.

Step 5: Jam Pony messenger.
Someone gets a Jam Pony T-shirt, and goes to the Fox building, claiming to be a bicycle messenger delivering a package, and of course this person requests a signature from the guy in charge of the building (or whoever is most appropriate). Inside there'll be some object (any ideas of what?), and a CD-rom. The disc will contain an autorun Eyes Only message, telling fox that the DA fans of the world want Fox to do SOMETHING with DA (sell the rights to Scifi Channel, make a third season or movie, or even let Marvel make a DA comicbook out of it), and that on the disc there's a collection of signatures from DA fans from the internet, and information about the Day of the Pulse campaign.

Step 6: Freak Nation
The final step of the campaign will be that as many DA fans as possible will paint barcodes on their necks and hang outside the Fox building, with the Freak Nation flag in hand and boards saying "BRING BACK DA". This will as well be filmed and posted on the internet.

The above list of steps is my personal idea of how the campaign will be handled. If we agree on something else, I will of course edit it here.

Here's the OFFICIAL COUNTDOWN

[flash width=434 height=180]http://www.zclock.net/countdown/countdown.swf?tyear=2009&tmonth=4&tday=31&thour=20&ctitle[/flash]
Last edited by darkjak on Fri 3. Aug 2007, 21:41, edited 4 times in total.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for the good to do nothing.
darkjak
Manticore Squad Leader

Postby Serenity » Mon 23. Jul 2007, 03:51

I think you're idea's great :D! However, to make it more official we'd have to research the correct street address of FOX studios and then the name of the person in charge at that building, if possible. If you say you have a package for "the person in charge" without referring to them by name, you might get the police called on you these days :oops:.

If we find a way to make this idea work, the package will need to include a letter on the inside that explains what the signatures represent and why the package is being delivered on that specific day. Afterall, company bosses change so frequently, the person we send this package to might not know anything about the show :roll:.

The package would also need a return address, so the person in charge actually opens it instead of discarding it for looking suspicious.
Sketchy: "At least Normal knows who he is."
O.C.: "A constipated, crusty, angry, rhythm-free, Republican white man?"
==================================================================
I'm going to be me, so it you can't stand me, sit down...If you can't face me turn around!
Serenity
Network Moderator

Postby x5-456 » Mon 23. Jul 2007, 21:12

Most of that corporate ladder crap is all public information. it has to be if the company is publicly traded on the stock market. Once you pull that up you could fedex em a package , they'll probably open it because they get 90 million fedex's a day and done
x5-456
Sector Cop

Postby jondy09 » Tue 24. Jul 2007, 01:09

Serenity has 2 great points the top guy might be clueless and we need a return address... OOH... how about a P.O. box? It makes us seem official too...
NEW CHAPTER

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3763434/1/C ... he_Damned- AU 2009: After a failed escape attempt the remains of unit 12 are hauled off to Psy-ops each emerges as the 'perfect soldier'. It's about their struggle to regain their humanity after the horrors of Psy-ops...review! 3 chapters up!
jondy09
Psy-Ops

Postby x5-456 » Tue 24. Jul 2007, 16:14

hahahah only problem with that is you look like a terrorist. Only people who have something to be afraid of remain anonymous
x5-456
Sector Cop

Postby Saahm23 » Tue 24. Jul 2007, 17:50

So when i remember right, for having a post office box in the USA they have many rules and terms. You must be american, got a passport, driver license and all these stuff. When you got all it than you can open one ;)
Saahm23
Network Admin

Postby x5-456 » Tue 24. Jul 2007, 19:23

oh , crap here its stupid youw alk up to the post office and sign a piece of paper
x5-456
Sector Cop

Postby Serenity » Wed 25. Jul 2007, 01:18

Saahm23 wrote:So when i remember right, for having a post office box in the USA they have many rules and terms. You must be american, got a passport, driver license and all these stuff. When you got all it than you can open one ;)

Actually, all you have to do is show some proof that you have a permanent residential address in the area and then pay for it. The address of your house/apartment/condo/whatever shows that you actually live in the state. After that, you pay for it and you're done (my dad worked in the postal service so I asked him the particulars). All we would need is some brave soul who lives in the same state as the FOX offices to open a P.O. box for us. Although, the person who reads the letter could track this person down, using their home address, if they wanted to confront them about the package :oops:.
Sketchy: "At least Normal knows who he is."
O.C.: "A constipated, crusty, angry, rhythm-free, Republican white man?"
==================================================================
I'm going to be me, so it you can't stand me, sit down...If you can't face me turn around!
Serenity
Network Moderator

Postby x5-456 » Wed 25. Jul 2007, 03:34

meh if all it was was a petition to bring our show bakc i dont think they would have anything to worry about.
x5-456
Sector Cop

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Thu 26. Jul 2007, 12:26

i was thinking, about that thing to send objects to FOX. Each of us can print a BCD t-shirt and send it to FOX and with the t-shirt write "and there's more to come..." or something similar.
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby x5-456 » Thu 26. Jul 2007, 18:08

if you print out a bcd tshrt though you wanna wear it not mail it to an incinerator. I like the idea of sending barcodes though , maybe on a postcard or something?
x5-456
Sector Cop

Postby Saahm23 » Thu 26. Jul 2007, 21:34

I guess its possible to print a shirt extra for sending to FOX ;) im available in case of need^^
Last edited by Saahm23 on Sun 24. Aug 2008, 13:28, edited 1 time in total.
Saahm23
Network Admin

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Thu 26. Jul 2007, 21:58

we can all choose one ad send it, we can speek more of this as the bcd approaches.
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby jondy09 » Fri 27. Jul 2007, 00:27

I think we need to agree on one thing.... we've tried barcodes before, I think we need something more than a peice of paper a/ a barcode and words... So, I think we need an actual object such as t-shirts, a toy morocycle etc...
NEW CHAPTER

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3763434/1/C ... he_Damned- AU 2009: After a failed escape attempt the remains of unit 12 are hauled off to Psy-ops each emerges as the 'perfect soldier'. It's about their struggle to regain their humanity after the horrors of Psy-ops...review! 3 chapters up!
jondy09
Psy-Ops

Postby x5-456 » Fri 27. Jul 2007, 16:26

question is how many does it take to make a statment, and how many supporters do we have. I wonder if someone from fox would make a statement on what kind of interest they would hva eot see in order to consider it. So instead of just suprising them with a bunch of mailins we say how many people do you need. then we double it :P
x5-456
Sector Cop

Next

Return to Protest Section