Nana Visitor shared some insight on her character

All about the actors in Dark Angel

Moderators: Serenity, Laura

Nana Visitor shared some insight on her character

Postby Saahm23 » Thu 7. Aug 2008, 15:49

In a interview from Jul.23-2008 with SyFy Portal, Nana Visitor (Renfro) shares some of the character development that never made it on screen.

Finally, Visitor shared some insight on her character Dr. Elizabeth Renfro on the short-lived Fox series "Dark Angel," saying series creator James Cameron had more in mind for the show's villain.

"They were so angry at me because I finally said no, I can't move to Vancouver," Visitor said of the show's producers. "I can't keep flying to Vancouver from New York. I have two little boys, and I can't do it anymore.

"When she got killed, she got shot, and beat up, and burned. And there was no DNA that could ever come back. Ever. Everything was just destroyed."

If she had stayed?

"When I had a meeting with [Cameron prior to leaving the show], he told me that this character is actually probably around 100," Visitor said. "What she's after is the DNA because it's the fountain of youth, and she's always injecting herself. That never came out, but that was really interesting. If I had stayed, maybe it would've come out."
Saahm23
Network Admin

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Thu 7. Aug 2008, 19:46

hhhmmmm, interesting. Would season 2 have such so much if she stayed?
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby Saahm23 » Thu 7. Aug 2008, 19:49

I would personal like too know what Cameron had all in mind with her character ^^ sounds interesting
Saahm23
Network Admin

Postby jondy09 » Fri 8. Aug 2008, 02:07

oh cool, thanks for sharing!
NEW CHAPTER

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3763434/1/C ... he_Damned- AU 2009: After a failed escape attempt the remains of unit 12 are hauled off to Psy-ops each emerges as the 'perfect soldier'. It's about their struggle to regain their humanity after the horrors of Psy-ops...review! 3 chapters up!
jondy09
Psy-Ops

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Sat 9. Aug 2008, 00:12

why did they ask her about dark angel?
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby Serenity » Tue 12. Aug 2008, 23:10

At least now we know why she shot the doctor who ran spinals on Max and her clone and why she made that phone call.
Sketchy: "At least Normal knows who he is."
O.C.: "A constipated, crusty, angry, rhythm-free, Republican white man?"
==================================================================
I'm going to be me, so it you can't stand me, sit down...If you can't face me turn around!
Serenity
Network Moderator

Postby rantanplan » Sun 17. Aug 2008, 14:02

she injected herself a speacial DNA for stay young, it's that ?

Why she axplains things about her character in DA ?

And serenity : why she does all that ? Maybe i've not understand really the quotation of saahms, but i don't understand why she shoot the doctor, and why she phone ? (what's about the clone???).

bye!
rantanplan
X2

Postby Andie Dark » Thu 17. Sep 2009, 01:02

I've always thought that Renfro was supposed to be something bigger... It would have been great to see all those ideas on the show.
Sometimes it seems like it happened to someone else. Like maybe it was a story I heard.
Andie Dark
Jam Pony Messenger

Return to The Actors