Moderators: Serenity, Laura

Designate This 2.01

Postby Saahm23 » Sun 7. Sep 2008, 21:30

[align=center]Image[/align]
Airdate:
USA: 28.09.2001
GER: 12.11.2002

Directed by: Jeff Woolnough

The second season of Dark Angel introduces new characters and conflicts. After blowing up Manticore’s genetic lab at the end of season one, Max is recaptured and attempts are made to reindoctrinate her into being a loyal soldier. However, the new director of Manticore Dr. Renfro, learns that some things just don’t get through to Max. All the same, Renfro decides Max’s rebellion can have it’s uses, and begins the development of a retro-virus targeted at the DNA of “Eyes Only”.

Meanwhile, Max has been introduced to the consequences of blowing up a genetics lab.
His designation is X5-494, and he’s been assigned as her breeding partner. X5-494 is the twin of Ben, a transgenic Max grew up with and whom she was forced to kill to save him from recapture. After Max renames him Alec (for “smart aleck”) and kicks him across the room, she continues with her plans for escape. Alec and her new ‘nomolie’ friend Joshua give her a hand to get out, and she runs to Logan - whom she promptly infects with the deadly retrovirus.

Que Alec, who has followed Max to Logan’s apartment under Renfro’s orders, to ensure the virus has done the trick. Alec informs Max that there’s an antidote, but she has to return to Manticore with Logan to recieve it. Never one to take orders, Max decides to instead finish the Eyes Only broadcast on the details of Manticore, which results in Renfro locking down and cauterizing the facility - along with everyone inside it.

With such a handy distraction, Max sneaks back in to swipe the antidote, and sets free the remaining transgenics while she’s at it (those who haven’t already been crispied).
Logan is given the antidote and recovers from the virus, and will continue to remain in good health - providing Max never touches him ever again. And as if Seattle doesn’t already have enough on it’s plate, there’s now a few hundred battle-trained transgenics on the prowl - some a little less than human.

Source: eyes-only-online.net
Saahm23
Network Admin

Postby Pancakes » Sun 7. Sep 2008, 23:27

I LOVE this episode! Max being back at Manticore, kicking ass as normally, all the flashbacks of her youth, this is one of my favourite eps!

(Short clip of Max fighting another X5 in this episode)
Icon © SoulofaWarrior Livejournal
Pancakes
Jam Pony Messenger

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Mon 8. Sep 2008, 09:34

that fight sequence sucked!!!!! they could have done some much more with it.
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby Pancakes » Mon 8. Sep 2008, 11:25

gtf_dean_fenech wrote:that fight sequence sucked!!!!! they could have done some much more with it.

Really? I thought it was cool how Max rolled over and kicked him.
Icon © SoulofaWarrior Livejournal
Pancakes
Jam Pony Messenger

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Mon 8. Sep 2008, 14:48

only 1 movie?!? (which looked very fake too!!!) Only 1 movie doesn't count in a cool fight scene
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby rantanplan » Mon 8. Sep 2008, 18:40

i like this one too.
It's just a little moment during a bigger training, just serving to introduction :).

Maybe a little faster, for two x soldiers, could be better :).

bye!
rantanplan
X2

Postby Saahm23 » Mon 8. Sep 2008, 19:07

I agree that the fight scene is great but also i wished they had more of them ^^
But definitely nice to see her back at Manticore and i love the dialoges between Alec and her :D
And not to forget the evil villain Renfro grrrr
Saahm23
Network Admin

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Tue 9. Sep 2008, 01:51

I agree that the fight scene is great but also i wished they had more of them ^^

great?!?!?! Look, lets make it clear, Dark angel never had any really good marial arts fights (except max vs ben and the last fight of the freaks vs the familiars), dark angel only had a few good moves. This fight wasn't even good.
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby jondy09 » Sat 13. Sep 2008, 02:27

i liked it, yea it looked fake, but still, it was cool. you're right though dean
NEW CHAPTER

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3763434/1/C ... he_Damned- AU 2009: After a failed escape attempt the remains of unit 12 are hauled off to Psy-ops each emerges as the 'perfect soldier'. It's about their struggle to regain their humanity after the horrors of Psy-ops...review! 3 chapters up!
jondy09
Psy-Ops

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Sun 14. Sep 2008, 10:35

thanks jondy
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby Chrisisall » Mon 29. Sep 2008, 14:07

I've been in martial arts for longer than I care to talk about, and my take on DA was that fights were hit and miss. Some were simple karate & wirework, some appeared to be more advanced ju-jitsu & rudimentary kung-fu.
The fights in the pilot, Rising, & Pollo Loco stand out as really excellent ones in season 1 for me. In season 2, Harbor lights and Freak Nation.

Designate This had some bad ones, yeah, but good fights in DA were a bonus to me; I watched it for the characters and story.

Martial Chrisisall
They used to say one nuclear bomb can ruin your whole day...
Chrisisall
Manticore Soldier

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Mon 29. Sep 2008, 19:12

i can't remember exactly which ones i liked or not from which episode, but the max vs ben one was pretty good. I'll have to re watched them to remember. I just know that the one we're talking about above wasn't a good one
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby Chrisisall » Mon 29. Sep 2008, 19:18

gtf_dean_fenech wrote:i can't remember exactly which ones i liked or not from which episode
Rising, dude, Rising.... :fight:

Yeah babyisall
Chrisisall
Manticore Soldier

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Mon 29. Sep 2008, 19:21

yeah!!!!! that was a good one... i even liked the one Max vs Alec in the cage in Braniac ... in fact thats the only thing that was good in that episode.
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby Chrisisall » Mon 29. Sep 2008, 19:25

gtf_dean_fenech wrote: i even liked the one Max vs Alec in the cage in Braniac ... in fact thats the only thing that was good in that episode.
That's the only reason to watch that one IMO. :wink:

Battling Chrisisall
Chrisisall
Manticore Soldier

Next

Return to The Episodes